Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Change outgoing callerid

PLease add this option. Verizon has it

- Bill
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

We will see if order placed by agent work in a few days.

- Bill
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

WKG, thanks for reaching out! What caller ID name is displaying when you make an outgoing call? Is it wireless caller? If so, that is the proper outgoing caller ID name for all XFINITY Mobile customers. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The Change was to change the caller ID for each phone to the names of the owner e. G. 4902 =Goodbody, W, 4903=Goodbody, K
- Bill
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Bummer, no options onle wireless caller, please fix!

@WKG wrote:
The Change was to change the caller ID for each phone to the names of the owner e. G. 4902 =Goodbody, W, 4903=Goodbody, K

- Bill
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@WKG wrote:

Bummer, no options onle wireless caller, please fix!

@WKG wrote:

If you can be more descriptive of the issue, it will be more helpful ; your one liners are difficult to decipher.  Which device/model are you using? What is the caller name set up on the device itself? What is the connected Xfinity account name in the mobile account that shows up when you login to your account on the web? Are you saying your account name on the Xfinity account shows up when you're making an outgoint call?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

S10e.
- Bill
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

WKG, outgoing caller IDs cannot be changed to the names of the phone owners at this time. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Every carrier I have had b4 tmobile sprint att was able to at least change the first name of the outgoing caller I'd why cannot Xfinity do this change
New Poster

I totally agree with the other customer that the outbound caller ID should be in changeable.  In my case it has business implications.  Right now my outbound caller ID shows xxxx Corp which was my previous employer.  While I worked for that employer, they owned the phone and therefore control.  When I left their employment, I had the phone number transferred from AT&T to Comcast Xfinity Mobile.  In addition, I purchased a Google Pixel 4 from Comcast.  However, the xxxx Corp caller ID shows up to recipients of my calls.  I have spoken to at least four Xfinity agents and nobody seems to be able to help.  They say it can't be done because it's against Comcast's policy.

This is a big issue because the caller ID makes me appear to be a representive of a company I no longer work for.  This needs to be fixed by Comcast!  I would be satified if the caller ID just came up with the cellular phone number or my name.  Please advise.

Kevin

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello everyone,

Thanks a bunch for everyone’s time and patience.  It means a great deal!  I wanted to reiterate what @CCKenF mentioned in that he is correct, currently we are unable to change the names of the phone owners.

Yet, I can investigate this further to find out if we can at the very least reset the name that displays on the caller ID to reflect the mobile number along with the words - wireless caller.

When you get the opportunity, please message me privately by clicking on my name ComcastChrisL.  That will re-direct you to my profile page, and from there click on the blue ‘send message’ button.  For account authentication please include the following information in your private message;

First and last name, mobile number, full service address, and the last 4 digits of the stored payment method on file.

Also, regarding this specific situation, please include the following as well;

Mobile Number having issue

PRL and ERI of device – You can obtain the PRL and ERI by following the instructions below -

Apple Devices: Navigate to Settings > General > About. Tap Carrier once to view the PRL and twice to view the ERI.

Android Devices: Navigate to Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI Information.

Name being displayed on Caller ID’s

Is the issue happening when you dial landlines or other mobile phones or both?

Thanks again for your time, patience, and continued support.

Chris

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi CrhisL, I am trying to follow the steps to PM you but when I click on your name and get to your profile page, and do not see a Send Message button.  Could you clarify where this button should be, or another way to reach you?  I am helping a friend with this very problem and not getting good answers from Xfinity Mobile Customer Care.  I have all her account and phone details  can share with you.

In brief:  My friend ported her number from Sprint around October 2018.  At first, her caller id on call recipient's phones showed Wireless Caller.  When she complained, Customer Care was able to fix it to display her phone number (and whatever name her call recipients had her labeled in their phone Contacts).  This worked smoothly until 2-3 weeks ago--now caller recipients are seeing "Restricted" or "Unknown".  Now Customer Care is saying that they can only change it to "Wireless Caller" (and they put in the paperwork last Thursday to make this happen).  This is an unacceptable solution since her family/friends/bank/utility companies/etc. are not recognizing her calls and thus she is not getting through to them.  Customer Care cannot explain why this suddenly started to happen, or under what circumstances this can happen.

I too am a new Xfinity Mobile customer (ported my number from Vz last November), and have  referred almost a dozen people to migrate.  *MY* caller id info is being displayed just fine on my call recipients' phones, but  now I am concerned that this could stop working any time.  I want to know how/when/why and what options that leaves me. 

Customer Care person told me yesterday that if I got a new line with an Xfinity mobile assigned number (vs. a ported one) that caller id info would be displayed correctly -- but my research leads me to believe that is not true -- that *all* MNVO's have this limitation.  Please help me understand the full explanation to this issue?

Thanks -- Dan

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity mobile does allow caller I'd to say wireless caller but I dont think that's enough. If I' spend my money for my family to have 5 lines with xfinity my family members should at least be able to have their names show out on the caller I'd at least their first names. I understand you all.have to call verizon and chat with them to open up trouble tickets and they are the middle man or xfinity is idk but either way I know it can be done someone has to just agree to it at the higher up end. Because when I had other carriers direct like tmobile and att they would allow me to change it to whatever name I wanted now they allow first name changes only and the last name must show the acct holder which is understandable. But Xfinity needs to allow us to at least change first names on outgoing call I'd.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I do not see a Send Message button on your profile page. I have a phone that I purchased outright and brought it to Xfinity. The phone had never been activated on another carrier. My issue is I did not port the number - I had Xfinity Mobile assign a new one. The outgoing caller id shows some person I've never heard of. Just getting it reset to "wireless caller" would be good enough for me.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You are not alone, there is no blue button.

- Bill
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is a customers using Xfinity Cell service. We have talked them before. Xfinity still has not offered a fix to a user not being able to have his Personal identity coming up when I make a phone call to someone that doesn't have my number in his contact list.

Now Apple is upgrading their service to do this : Other Features and Improvements
Silence unknown callers to get calls from known numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages, while sending all other calls to voicemail
What is Xfinity now going to do so I can call anyone without being diverted? Xfinity blames Verizon.  Verizon says its Xfinity's fault. Do we have to drop Xfinty, as it looks like it can't be fixed.  

Also Comcast has already raised prices in year one, 30%. 

I'd appreciate a response. Thank you