Community Forum

Cell Signal boosters

New Poster

Cell Signal boosters

What cell signal boosters do you support? Wi Fi calling does not work! I have spent hours on the phone with you guys, Apple and my modem/router manufacturer and none of you seem to have a clue about how to make Wi fi calling work consistently for me.

Contributor

Re: Cell Signal boosters

From what I understand, Xfinity Mobile does not support any cell signal boosters. The cell signal boosters or micro-cells that are still being used by the major carriers are mostly old tech 2G/3G, not current LTE tech. 

Wifi Calling has essentially replaced the need for cell signal boosters. 

Unfortunately WiFi Calling on Xfinity Mobile is a disaster for many users and they have yet to resolve the problem. It’s hit or miss and causes a lot of dropped calls if you can even get a call through. Lots of failed calls. 

For many of us the only way to get WiFi Calling to work, if we are lucky, is to only toggle it on when we really need to use it, and to also toggle on Airplane Mode so that Xfinity Mobile doesn’t have to choose between cellular and WiFi Calling.  Then wait for it to show XM WiFi on your screen. 

New Poster

Re: Cell Signal boosters

Thanks for the insight. It's good to hear that this is a system wide Xfinity problem and I'm not just a 1 off. I noticed the XM wi fi icon winking in and out all the time so I'll give your suggestion a try. Unfortunately it's not a solution for incoming calls.