Community Forum

Cant port my iPhone XS max to xfinity mobile

New Poster

Cant port my iPhone XS max to xfinity mobile

I have a unlocked iPhone Xs max 256 ,I purchased from apple , have service from At&T , that I can’t port to xfinity Mobile. Im told that it’s not compatible, but when I go to xfinity site to see if it is compatible, it says it is. It’s in tier 2 and I’m waiting for A response on tues. 

Anyone else have a issue porting over this type of phone? Thanks Lou

Valued Contributor

Re: Cant port my iPhone XS max to xfinity mobile

Did you buy the phone SIM-Free unlocked or did you buy it from Apple for ATT?

Contributor

The iPhone XS Max A1921 is the only version available in the United States and it works on both GSM and CDMA networks and will work fine on Xfinity Mobile.  Sounds like a glitch in their porting system.  Make sure it is payed off and isn't locked to AT&T.

New Poster

I purchased it from apple to use with At&T, it’s unlocked. 

New Poster

Thanks, it’s unlocked, purchased from apple..it Is not paid off, I pay a third party for the phone monthly.  Do you think it matters if it’s paid off or not? I’m not tied to Atnt .Apple says I can are the phone anywhere that offers cell service. 

Contributor

The phone balance needs to be paid off. Doubt any carrier would give service until the loan is paid.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue - although I'm not trying to port a number, just activate a SIM card. Phone purchased from Apple (through Iphone Upgrade Program, all devices are unlocked). Even went through steps unlocking with Carrier - which was successfuly, but still no luck with XM. Says device is not compatible. What gives... As someone pointed out, only one model of the XS Max, that supports all cellular bands.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastJessie can you help find an xfinity resource to troubleshoot this issue?

Frequent Visitor

Are you running an iOS Beta build?

Frequent Visitor

@jmunzer wrote:

Are you running an iOS Beta build?

I was but I removed the beta and downgraded to the signed iOS 12 version. Still no luck. XFM support has been absolutely useless in trying to resolve the issue.

Frequent Visitor

I tried to port for MONTHS and they couldnt' figure out why they would keep getting an error during the port in store.  They had no idea why, because everything looked clear on their end and my current carriers end.   I was running an iOS Beta build the whole time though, and no one ever mentioned anything to me about it.

I eventually tried restoring back to the currently released version of iOS, and tried again.  It sailed through with no issue!  If you haven't tried the port in an Xfinity store on 12.1 release, I'd try that again.  Good luck!