Community Forum

Cannot connect to xfinitywifi

Frequent Visitor

Cannot connect to xfinitywifi

I have an iPhone X which is not connecting to xfinitywifi. It says “unable to join the network”. This is happening everywhere I try to connect to xfinitywifi. It does eve try to auto connect either. I have to
Manually select it....any clues?
Most Valued Poster

Re: Cannot connect to xfinitywifi

Have you downloaded the Xfinity Hot Spot App from the Play Store and logged in using your account info?  That is what I needed to do on my S5. 

Frequent Visitor

I did. And it installed something in the phone. Under general > profile it does show xfinitywifi but it won’t connect
Official Employee

Hi Ddudly, it sounds like you may be outside of the range of the hot spot. There are times when your equipment will see the hot spot but will be unable to connect due to the distance you are from the source of the signal. Please ensure you're within 200ft of the hot spot to connect. You can also use the hot spot app to find the closest signal to you.

Frequent Visitor

I will try again later today. But I cannot even see the xfinitywifi signal being broadcasted form my modem anymore. I noticed that last night. However, I am able to connect to my secure network. I checked my modem settings and the hotspot option is on so I am intrigued by this issue

Bronze Problem Solver

Ddudly wrote:

I will try again later today. But I cannot even see the xfinitywifi signal being broadcasted form my modem anymore. I noticed that last night. However, I am able to connect to my secure network. I checked my modem settings and the hotspot option is on so I am intrigued by this issue

If you have a tablet or laptop, you could test your wifi with it to prove whether its a modem or phone issue.

Official Employee

Ddudly, I have heard from customers on the forums that connecting to the hotspot automatically is disabled if the XFINITY Hotspot app is installed. Just so you know. 

Have you recently changed your XFINITY.com credentials? When you connect to the hotspot, have you tried opening up your web browser? If the password isn't saved or incorrect, it should prompt you to reenter your credentials. 

Contributor

Even when apparently connected to an Xfnity wifi hotspot, there is sometimes no interet connection. Note screen shot below showing connection the hotspot router but no internet connectivity (no wifi icon at top). This happens frequently. Sometimes a wifi icon 'blinks' on and then off. I tried toggling wifi off/on on my iphone 8, but makes no difference. 

IMG_0150.png
Frequent Visitor

I have this problem too. I am right next to the hotspot and cannot connect. I can connect to every other hotspot fine just not xfinity. My iPad Pro connects fine, so does my iPhone 7, but not my iPhone X. It seems the xfinity hotspots have problems with iPhone X.
Regular Visitor

same issue; cant connect to xfinitywifi on iphone X running ios 11.4 beta; but can on my ipad (also running 11.4);  I have tried reinstalling the xfinity profile but no change. 

Official Employee

Hello Jim73, I can assist you with getting connected to a hot spot. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

New Poster

Same issue , would love assistance on this. I've been easily able to connect to the same hot spot for a year now, and all of a sudden I cannot connect to it.  I tried everything to fix my phone and ipad, nothing worked.  The xfinitywifi pops up on the list, but then it states "cannot connect to xfinitywifi"  I also noticed the xfinitywifi network keeps appearing and disappearing on the list.

would love help, your chat is not working at the moment.

Regular Visitor

I tried connecting to an xfinity hotspot at work and both the ipad and iphoneX connected without issue..  Seems to be an oddity at home..

I should point out the modem at home is one of the 1gig comcast modems.

Official Employee

@kwiswall1 and @Jim73, I replied to your PM's please reach back out to me there. 

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. When i try to connect my Iphone X it says unable to join the network "xfinity wifi"

Please help

New Poster

I also have the same issue with an iphone 7 that prompts "unable to connect to xfinitywifi" As soon as I tap it, I did everything and even reset the network settings.

New Poster

I’m having the same problem with my iPhone 6s. I’ve always been able to connect automatically to xfinity WiFi then yesterday it all stopped. It says unable to connect if I try to do it manually
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue with my iPhone 8 Plus. Have current Xfinity WiFi hotspots app downloaded. My wife’s IPhone 8 is connecting with no issues.
019DD822-3751-458C-B567-2D0E9917C1C6.jpeg