Community Forum

Cannot add line because of credit issues that do not exist

New Poster

Cannot add line because of credit issues that do not exist

We have been Xfinity customers for years. We switched to Xfinity Mobile over the summer, with two lines. We pay via auto-pay on our Amex card. Today we tried to add an additional line / number and we were BYOD, with an iPhone.

The system denied us the additional line. At the store, they said "the system is preventing us to do it"; on the phone, customer support advanced team, says that the credit check results are preventing us from adding a 3rd line. We have had a credit score of 800-820ish for years... customer supports keeps saying that "it is the system" and that "the letter will explain how to get a free credit report"... but then they admit that even if I bring a pristine credit report, the system could still block us. They seem to understand that it is ridicolous, given that we are even bringing our iphone but there is nothing they can do

It seems to me that it is the classic bait-and-switch false advertising to lure customers in (promising 5 lines). Xfinity Mobile is a joke. If anyone has any suggestion on how to solve this, it is appreciated, thank you

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot add line because of credit issues that do not exist

Yeah everyone is getting the error, even me when I try to add a 3rd line. I's very annoying and I though they would get it resolved by now. I've been having that issue for half a year now.

New Poster

Re: Cannot add line because of credit issues that do not exist

Most likely they want you to buy their phone.