Community Forum

Cannot Send SMS/MMS to Android Users

New Poster

Cannot Send SMS/MMS to Android Users

I have a iPhone 7+, I cannot send any text messages to Android users since September, I am using Google Hangouts to get by for now but I really would love to have this fixed. . I have done every troubleshooting method possible even with calling in, Does anyone have any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Cannot Send SMS/MMS to Android Users

rcthreats, are you sending text messages to iPhone users as iMessages? Can you send a standard text message to an iPhone user without issue?

Have you tried resetting your network settings? What other troubleshooting have you done? Have you tried disabling iMessage?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I had a similar problem.  Do you have cellular data turned on? If not turn it on and try to send a MMS message.

Official Employee

Hi rcthreats, please click on this link for more information on how to disable your Imessages and send them as a normal text. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!