Community Forum

Cannot Get Unlock Code from Xfinity

Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot Get Unlock Code from Xfinity

I am truly at my wits end. I purchased an IPhne XSMax from Xfinity Mobile several months ago and decided that I would pay the phone entirely. I paid the phone pff and went into my local Xfinity Store and purchased a Samsung S10+ and had it setup by the store associate using the same number as was on the iPhone. The setup was finally completed after over four hours in the store., I then requested an unlock code for the iPhone XSMax and was refused as the Xfinity systems said the device was not paid off. I was ask to creat another case file for the unlock code. That one wass refused because Xfinity said the device did not belong to them. I was asked to create another case and to this date has not gotten the requested unlock code be cause their several systems seem to not be talking to each other. I am at my wits end as to how to get this issue resolved. I need help from anyone who can help revolve this issue.

Regular Visitor

Re: Cannot Get Unlock Code from Xfinity

Bloquear
Regular Visitor

E visto código es ni teléfono de la cuenta
Valued Contributor

@Gelomare1 wrote:

I am truly at my wits end. I purchased an IPhne XSMax from Xfinity Mobile several months ago and decided that I would pay the phone entirely. I paid the phone pff and went into my local Xfinity Store and purchased a Samsung S10+ and had it setup by the store associate using the same number as was on the iPhone. The setup was finally completed after over four hours in the store., I then requested an unlock code for the iPhone XSMax and was refused as the Xfinity systems said the device was not paid off. I was ask to creat another case file for the unlock code. That one wass refused because Xfinity said the device did not belong to them. I was asked to create another case and to this date has not gotten the requested unlock code be cause their several systems seem to not be talking to each other. I am at my wits end as to how to get this issue resolved. I need help from anyone who can help revolve this issue.

I can understand your frustration.  I had somewhat similar experience like yours (but not for unlock) while purchasing and activating at the store (about an year ago).  I spent about 3-4 hours in-store as they had trouble activating the device.  However thats all the trouble I had! I didnt pay in full (they didnt offer the option of paying in full, just charged me for the initial cost) but I did pay-off one device (bought two) within a short time (after about a week or so) via online (paid off and unlocked the other device much later).  But had to wait for at least one billing cycle to initiate the unlock process.  One of the terms of the unlock process is for completion of one billing cycle - you can read through all of the terms and the process to initiate unlock here.   The process itslef was quick and responsive.  Mine was an Apple device and the unlock process is slightly different in Apple devices versus Android devices.  Unlocking an Apple device is rather straightforward while Android devices have few more steps to complete, you have to get a code, etc.. to unlock.   

I would recommend to initiate the process after you get your first bill (preferably after the pay by date on the bill if possible) - this also helps that all their systems and other interconnected downstream systems are updated with your device info.  Also they cant deny that its not their device!  The unlock process and steps are well documented in the link I provided earlier.  Good Luck!  

Official Employee

Gelomare1, thanks for posting your experience here on the forums. I appreciate you taking the time to go over what has happened so far. Apologies for this experience--if you have paid off your phone, it is yours 100% and we should be able to provide that unlock. If your device was blacklisted for whatever reason, we'll need it to be whitelisted before we can get the unlock processed. Please send me your full name and the last four digits of your card on file via private message for help. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Good News Everyone. I got the unlock for my iPhone after six weeks. Thank you The Excutive Support at Comcast Corporate headquarters. I spent more than six weeks trying to get regular support to resolved the issue and Corporate got it done in less than three hours. I am just ecstatic. My many thanks again to The Executive support Tezm..
Official Employee

Gelomare1, glad to hear it! Thanks for taking the time to update us here! Smiley Happy

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!