Community Forum

Cannot Be More Infuriated. My iPhone X pre-orders were cancelled without any notification

New Poster

Cannot Be More Infuriated. My iPhone X pre-orders were cancelled without any notification

I stayed up all night last Thur and pre-ordered 2 iPhone X's, and the next day I received 2 tier two verification emails from XFINITY mobile. I tried my best answering these question using my Comcast account because the email made it sound like these questions weren't a big deal.

QQ20171029-162426@2x.png

Mind you, these answers weren't that easy to find.

Today, I found out on my XFINITY mobile account page while checking the pre-orders that both of my pre-orders had been canceled (nobody at XFINITY mobile notified me). Suprised, I called customer service, and the rep told me that my answers to the verification emails were incorrect, and that's why the orders were canceled. She told me that only thing I could do is to reorder the phones, whose delivery dates have been pushed to 11/24. She would not tell me which question(s) I answered incorrectly due to security reasons. 

After the initial anger, I decided to pre-ordered these phones again, at which point I realized that I will receive these verification emails again and will have the wrong answers to these questions again. I called customer service again and nobody was able to help, and now I'm in the position of having the money but not being able to order phones from XFINITY mobile.

First of all, I'm infuriated that nobody told me that my pre-orders were canceled and that I didn't get a second chance at it (I stayed up all night for these pre-orders to secure an early delivery)

Second, I'm frustrated that nobody was able to help me with the answers, which prevents me from ordering anything from XFINITY mobile.

Third, I don't know what the purpose for these verification questions are, but they are completely unnecessary IMO because I had to provide my account ID, password, FULL social security number, birthday, full credit card information, and addresses just to pre-order these phones.

I had high hopes for XFINITY mobile, but this process left me utterly enraged and frustrated. 

Update: I ordered an iPhone 8 using the SAME account for my 3rd line and received the EXACT SAME questions. I answered them the EXACT SAME way I did for the iPhone X pre-orders (direct copy and paste), and the order went through. QQ20171029-174357@2x.png

Can someone please tell me how this is possible?

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Cannot Be More Infuriated. My iPhone X pre-orders were cancelled without any notification

Official Employee

Re: Cannot Be More Infuriated. My iPhone X pre-orders were cancelled without any notification

gandifer, the purpose of the questions are to further verify your account before the purchase is made as a way of preventing fraud.  I'm not sure how one order cleared with the same answers to the questions while another order didn't. I see the device has shipped already too. I would recommend placing the iPhone X order again. You have the option of calling our SPA team (number provided in the email) so you can answer the questions that way to ensure there are no discrepancies. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee
Moved:

Contributor

What were the questions you found Hard to answer ???  SS Number ??  Your Address ?? Account number

I dont remember any questions I had to answer as being Hard to find ??