Community Forum

Cancelled port & still can’t get a native number

New Poster

Cancelled port & still can’t get a native number

I’ve had my new iPhone Xr 9 days now. Day 1: after 3 hours on the phone supposedly my port went through. Day 2: port didn’t go through & I request a new native number, told to wait 24 hours. Days 3-9: about 20 phone calls & 15 hours on the phone. I’ve been told every day my port has not been cancelled after all, that the last person didn’t request the cancellation correctly. That’s there’s a “glitch” in xfinity’s system. I’ve been told it takes 2 hours to 72 hours to erase the port request to be able to get a new native number. It has been over a week & no one seems to get my issue resolved. I’ve been promised callbacks on the status. I’ve been assured the next time I call my phone will be up and running. I’ve had rude customer service reps. I’ve had rude supervisors. EVERY TIME I get a different story and the run around. For a billion dollar corporation you should be able to issue New native number with a couple of taps of the computer. I have multiple mobile lines with Xfinity and this is beyond ridiculous!