Community Forum

Can't turn on wifi calling

New Poster

Can't turn on wifi calling

I just purchased and received an iPhone 7 plus through the XM store but the wifi calling is blocked out. All of my carrier settings are up to date (Xfinity Mobile 32.0) and I'm on iOS 11.3. It says to call, but from what I have heard, that's pointless. Any ideas?
Regular Contributor

Re: Can't turn on wifi calling

On my SE I turned on cellular data, then turned on Wi-Fi calling then set cell data off  again. Mine has been working since then.

Contributor

Make certain you have the Xfinity profile installed on your phone.

Here are the instructions

The instructions don't indicate this is required for WiFi calling. The profile will help you connect to Xfinity hot spots and may help with WiFi calling. Regardless the profile needs to be installed.

Frequent Visitor

Call and have them reprovision your phone.

Official Employee

Kungfuwu, These are great suggestions your fellow forumers have posted. Are you able to use wiFi calling now? 

KenF

New Poster

I have - soon to be had - all services (phone, internet, TV and mobile) with Xfinity (and no problem until Xfinity Mobile) - I have called multiple time and the knowledge or ability to help me resolve my inability to set up WiFi calling does not exist - three new phones and none of them can be connected to WiFi calling, and none of them are recogniable as a mobile hotspot - and again the Xfinity Help Desk is no help - warning issues remain unresolved - and no returned calls from XfinityLevel 2 upport.

this is to bad, because if the phones worked, they would be a fantanstic deal - but a non-functional phone that the help desk cant fix is not so good a deal.