Community Forum

Can't setup voicemail on iPhone 8

New Poster

Can't setup voicemail on iPhone 8

I switched over to Xfinity mobile from Verizon and got an iPhone 8. I can't setup voicemail. The voicemail "tab" on the bottom never gave me the option to "set up voicemail." It shows the old voicemails that transferred over from my old iPhone 6. 

Whenever someone calls, they don't get voicemail for me - just a message that "mailbox hasn't been set up."

When I try calling my own number I get a "the call cannot be completed as dialed. please check the number..."

I tried *86 and could set up a greeting. However, this changes nothing described above. No one can leave me a message. 

I chatted with Xfinity mobile cust serv who sent me to Apple. But it must be an Xfinity mobile issue, because people calling me still get an error message instead of voicemail...

Official Employee

Re: Can't setup voicemail on iPhone 8

Hello dhsmusic, thank you for creating a post on our forum. I replied to your PM, please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Can't setup voicemail on iPhone 8

dhsmusic wrote: Oddly it has started to work now. I can't explain it, but glad it's working. Thanks,

I am glad that this issue has been resolved, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!