Community Forum

Can't merge two Xfinity Mobile accounts?

Regular Visitor

Can't merge two Xfinity Mobile accounts?

I set up an Xfinity Mobile line over the internet, and then a month later added two more lines in store. When I went in to the store he had some trouble adding the lines and I think he created a new account on accident. Now I have two separate accounts for three lines.

The main issue is that I do pay by the GB for all 3 lines, and altogether we only use about 750MB. This should cost me only 1 shared GB among all 3 lines (750MB = $12). But since the three lines are on two accounts I end up triggering the 1st GB on one account (~250MB = $12) and the 1st GB on the other account (~500MB = $12) for $24 total.

When I called in they said they cannot merge the lines into one account and didn't seem to understand the 1st GB problem I'm having. It's costing me an extra $12 a month to run two accounts with two separate data pools instead of one. Is there really no way I can merge the accounts, or set up a free 1GB on one of them to resolve the issue?

Official Employee

Re: Can't merge two Xfinity Mobile accounts?

Hi DaveL7, the information that past representatives shared with you is correct. There is no way to link the accounts together, you would have to cancel the line on account A and add it to account B. 

Regular Visitor

They told me that cancelling the line on account A to add it to account B would mean both paying off the phone entirely right away and losing my phone number. This is really frustrating because this is entirely Xfinity's mistake in creating two accounts, and Xfinity's poorly designed system that won't let me transfer the line from account A to account B.

Can't you at least credit one of the accounts with 1GB/month until you're able to upgrade your system to allow such basic functionality as transfering a line to another account?

And is there any idea when the functionality will exist to fix this problem?

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem and also have been looking for a solution.  I'd be happy with a credit for the extra amount being charged, but I was told this was impossible. The office manager of my local Xfinity store said he'd contact me with a solution when he found one--but I haven't heard from him since I brought the issue to his attention a few months ago.  My post asking about this didn't get any answer--just like your last response got no replies. 

Since Xfinity/Comcast seems unable to give us a responsive reply, l guess it's up to us to find a good answer.

One solution is to park the number for the account you want to cancel, kill your account, then enroll that phone in your mobile account porting the parked number to Xfinity Mobile.  I think that will work--but it does cost a few bucks for the number parking services I've checked. It's still cheaper doing it that way than paying the extra $12 plus fees each month, though.

All ideas welcome--especially some response from Xfinity employees showing that Xfinity cares about its customers and doesn't want to continue these absurd charges due to its own mistakes.

Official Employee

DaveL7, I can reach out to XFINITY Mobile support to see what our options are. Please send me a private message with your full name XFINITY Mobile number or account number, and the last 4 digits of your card on file for help. 

KenF