Community Forum

Can't get a 5th line... no one from Comcast knows why

Regular Visitor

Can't get a 5th line... no one from Comcast knows why

I have strong credit and have been trying to buy a 5th phone from Xfinity for the past 5 months. Every time I try, whether online or via chat and phone (they all just use the online form anyways...), Xfinity runs my credit, gives me a cryptic message about my credit report not being good enough to pass "the system", and say I will receive an explanation in the mail (I have never received any explanations in the last 5 months). I'm getting pretty tired of having all of these credit checks on my credit report, and it's frustrating to not even know why I can't get the line.

Being in the 750 range for credit, never having missed a payment on Xfinity and basically begging them to let me give them more money, I have no idea why there is such a hurdle for getting this 5th line opened up.
I tried asking for managers/ supervisors and they did the typical Comcast loop of transfers of saying I have to talk to this or that department just to offload my call as no one seems to have the power to actually address the issue... or overrule the all-powerful "system" that makes the decisions. Some of them even gave me hope by saying that all I have to do is ask for a "manual review", but after sitting on the phone with support for over 3 hours, there appears to be no such thing in the Xfinity Mobile department.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, anyone figure out who to actually talk to?

Official Employee

Re: Can't get a 5th line... no one from Comcast knows why

Hello adfath, our system is designed like most risk management systems and we have actual people that can review the information outside of what results the system provides (manual review) if you feel there was any error. Unfortunately if you have already had both reviews processed then there wouldn't be anything else we can do to authorize the 5th line on your account. We don't always know why the request is denied when adding more lines, but I can tell you that there are a few more factors than just your credit score. I apologize for the inconvenience, please feel free to reach back out to me here if you need anything further. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

So there is an actual manual review?

I spent 3 hours bouncing around different departments being told that there is no such thing.

How do I contact these people that do the manual review?
Official Employee

adfath, I'll take a look at what's going on here. I've seen your private message to Amir and I'll follow up with you there. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My experience today is exactly the same. I have been told over and over that the system makes the decision and no one can manually review my request. I well qualified and have substantial income and no expenses. please tell me how I contact someone to review my request before I go back to Verizon where I am well qualified and already approved for 5 lines. Their retention mailers come weekly since I left.

New Poster

Same issue. I was approved for 3 lines and every time i apply for a 2nd, i send them the verification they ask for, and have been denying me for 4 months. Nobody has an answer aside from "try again"
Regular Visitor

I have had the same problem. Can’t get anyone to call me back when they say they will.
New Poster

I have had same thing happen to me when attempting to add a 4th line. Was bringing own device all I needed was the line no equipment. Have 850 credit rating perfect credit still refused with no explanation and no place to get one
New Poster

After read your post, I decide to give up adding my 3rd line. Xfinity cheked my credit for 4 times and my 4th order still got denied. Nobody will tell you the real reason and give you a solution actually will work. My credit score is above 830. and I uploaded the reuqired document. So disappointed with that company. I planned to move all my AT&T lines to xfinity, but I just gave up, don't  waste my  time any more

New Poster

I guess xfinity sets the priority to gain new customers and purposely deny line request from current customer.

New Poster

no further response from the official comcast employee should tell us all something. There are other providers offering bas good or better service for the same rates now. the scam only lasted a short while..

Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem. I tried one month later and it worked. No explanation either way.