Community Forum

Can't complete order online or in-store

Frequent Visitor

Can't complete order online or in-store

Have two Galaxy S8s on my account, both of which are paid off. Have been trying for the last 5 days to upgrade to two Galaxy S10s. The website constantly gives a technical error message.

I've tried calling and having them complete the upgrade over the phone, same error.

I've been to the store trying to complete the order there, they also receive an error message.

What gives? Every single rep I've spoken to has provided me different information and a different timeline of when the problem will be resolved. Chat says Phone support can help, Phone support says in-store Associates can help. Nobody has been able to assist.

Switching to AT&T if not resolved in the next few hours. How difficult is it to process a phone order for me? This is ridiculous. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't complete order online or in-store

Is there any mods that can help or even acknowledge this post?

Regular Visitor

you are not the only one i can't even order my device online either i placed over 6 orders and they all keep canceling out

New Poster

I'm also getting the error "Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again later." upon checkout. This has been happening over two days for me. Chat and phone support could not help. Hopefully it's a glitch that will be resolved soon.

Frequent Visitor

Are you trying to replace your existing line with a new phone? I am able to get to check out now, but am not giving an option for a payment plan now like I did with my first device. 

New Poster

In my case, I'm trying to switch to Xfinity Mobile, buying a phone and porting in my number to a new line (no existing mobile lines with Xfinity). Just tried again on a third web browser - same error.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello Chrdav84, thank you for creating a post. I replied to your PM please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried to place an order multiple times during the past 24 hours and get the message "Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again later." after I click the "Place Order" button. I have tried the online Chat and called the 888 number without success. I guess they dont want our business? Why cant they fix or give us a workaround?

New Poster

Finally determined, on my own, that the credit card company suspected the Xfinity Mobile charge was fraudulent and has disabled my card. Once I got the credit card company to enable the card and approve the charge, I replaced the order online and it went through just fine. I received an email confirmation from Xfinity Mobile that the order was received and the amount now shows up at the credit card website as a pending transaction. I hope this helps others that have the same problem.

New Poster

I went to upgrade been with Xfinity mobile for two year phone paid off and was told i have to pay in full for the s10 plus im switching phone providers asap
Regular Visitor

It's funny cause the same thing is happenning to me right now! Trying to get a warranty upgrade and they keep telling me there;s an error! I thought I was the only one! I guess Xfinity is real bad with mobile service! They told me computers were down for an android update!!!!! It has been over 2 weeks now! Once my contract is up I'm leaving them!!!!!!

Regular Visitor

My advice! DON'T SWITCH!

Regular Visitor

I agree with you!

New Poster

Im having the same problem says i have to pay full price a rep told me its there system