Community Forum

Can’t add a second line to account

New Poster

Can’t add a second line to account

Went into the Xfinity store today and was rold I was approved for 5 lines as I am as Xfinity customer. We had one BYOD phone and one we were going to purchase in store. Representative successfully added the BYOD to teh account and disconnected it from my previous carrier, Verizon. Then when we went back to add the new phone (which we were going to purchase from Xfinity, but had to be shipped as it was out of stock) an error code appeared and said we are now only eligible for 1 line. Representative called support and said because it had to be done in 2 transactions, it differed after a credit check. Credit is fine and representative established/verified credit in store. Told us to call support as nothing else he could do. We have called support THREE times and nobody can do anything. They say keep calling back, and have even been told to wait THREE months and try again. 

I am not convinced you are unable to see why such a check would be denied or why nobody knows why this happens or how to fix it. I have read multiple forums of people having similar issues. It’s ridiculous. We now have one phone on Xfinity and one on verizon. Can a comcast employee shed more light on this and fix the issue?

New Poster

Re: Can’t add a second line to account

I have had Xfinity Mobile since June 2018. Was also promised i can bring my two lines from verizon. Only was able to bring one line. So every two months I try and fail to add a line. Maybe after two years with Xfinity Mobile i will be able to add a line. Also have Xfinity Internet for over 5 years.