Community Forum

Can't activate voice mail on my iPhone

Regular Visitor

Can't activate voice mail on my iPhone

I have spent hours in the Xfinity store and on phone with Comcast and Apple.  Still my voicemail cannot be set up.  Working perfectly before I switched to Comcast as my carrier last week (1/2018).  So I have no voicemail on my phone.  Comcast needs to figure this out.  I have friends and family who said they would only switch to save if things worked out and so none are switching after all the trouble I encountered.  Twice for most of two days I had no internet connection.  I am going back to my former carrier after I get back from vacation and plan to use another phone in the interim.

Contributor

Re: Can't activate voice mail on my iPhone

I also still don't have voicemail on iPhone 8 after several months of trying to resolve it with Xfinity.

Official Employee

Olympia2, I'd like to look into your voicemail issues. Please send me a private message with your full name, device IMEI, and your account number or phone number associated with your residential services. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

I appreciate that u want to help me but when I press reply it sends me to public forum. I do not want all the info u asked for to be shared on public forum. Several days ago I was told at Xfinity mobile that a two tier technical support person would call me the next day. This never happened. 

Official Employee

I appreciate that u want to help me but when I press reply it sends me to public forum. I do not want all the info u asked for to be shared on public forum. Several days ago I was told at Xfinity mobile that a two tier technical support person would call me the next day. This never happened. 

I understand. If you click my name and then click "private message me" you will be able to provide that info in a private environment. I can check on the status of the ticket as well. 

KenF

New Poster

You need to dial *86 from your phone number, then follow the voice instructions. 

Hope this will help

New Poster

I am also facing the same issue with voice mail on my iPhone 8. Tried calling xfinity mobile customer service team and they forwarded the call to Apple support team. Apple Support team said that the issue is with the carrier and they suggested me to go back to the carrier. Called back xfinity mobile customer support and they escalated my issue to tier 2 team and promised that someone from tier 2 department will be calling me in 72 hours and it’s been a week now and haven’t received any call yet. I also tried calling *86 with no luck. Whenever I call my own number or tried to go into voicemail, getting a message as “welcome to message management system. Please enter your mailbox number”. When I enter my phone number as mailbox number, getting response as wrong mailbox number. Please retry again.... when my family and friends want to leave a message they also hearing the same welcome message..!
Official Employee

Hi bmuk, I will look into your voicemail issue with you, could you  please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you