Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can't Get Rid of Comcast TV Pop-up on My Phone

New Poster

Can't Get Rid of Comcast TV Pop-up on My Phone

This might not be the correct forum for this, but it didn't seem to fit into anything else better, so here goes.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini running Android 4.4. I do not have any Comcast apps on the phone. I have Comcast cable TV and Internet service. Starting 3 days ago, I started getting a pop-up window on the phone (not in a web browser) stating "Set your home TV Service to Comcast Cable Communications" with the options of either "OTHER" or "CONFIRM". The window locks up the phone, and it won't go away using the back button or the home button. The phone won't even go to the Task Manager when I hold down the home button. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the phone. I have attached an image of the window.

AVG antivirus does not find any virus.

Why did this start when I have no Comcast apps on my phone and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks,

Eric

Comcast Pop-Up.jpg
Admin1

Re: Can't Get Rid of Comcast TV Pop-up on My Phone

Hi Eric_R -- Does this pop-up happen at any time while using your phone or does it happen when you have a particular App open? 

New Poster

The same thing happens to me. This happens even when texting with no other apps open. Please advise.
Official Employee

2cardis wrote: The same thing happens to me. This happens even when texting with no other apps open. Please advise.

Does your screen lock up as well, or can you press confirm/cancel to get rid of the message? What Xfinity apps do you have currently installed on your device?