Community Forum

Can't Connect To Certain Secure Xfinity WiFi Hotspots ("XFINITY")

Frequent Visitor

Can't Connect To Certain Secure Xfinity WiFi Hotspots ("XFINITY")

Me and my wife both have iPhone 8 plus's and we have Xfinity tv/internet and mobile service. There's this Taco Bell I go to every single day and they use Xfinity for their in-store wifi and according to the mobile hot spot app the same address is a wifi hotspot. We've been Xfinity mobile customers for over a year now and when we first signed up we could connect our phones to the XFINITY wifi hotspot inside the Taco Bell lobby. After about 4 months it became spotty and wouldn't even show up in the list of wifi under phone settings but the app would and still does say there's a hotspot there. We used to actually see the XFINITY, Cable wifi and xfinity wifi all show up in the list and now not a single one of them show up anymore despite the app saying it's there and Taco  Bell using Xfinity for their service........But now if I go 15 feet out into the parking lot it shows up. Go back into the store and it goes away......go back into the parking lot it shows up.......back into the store it vanishes. A lot of times in the parking lot it fails to connect either giving an error "could not connect to XFINITY" or often "incorrect username or password for XFINITY" But it connects just fine ANYWHERE else. For the last 8 months or so I have called different branches of Xfinity mobile, internet and business and have gotten the run around. We've done everything from replacing sim cards to resetting network settings to updating security profiles to the app to uninstalling the app to reinstalling the app. I would really like to get my XFINITY wifi hotspot working inside the store again as I spend a lot of time there and having to use the Taco Bell in-store wifi kicks you off every fifteen minutes and is much slower. We've tried everything to no avail so I'm reaching out here now in hopes of getting some kind of answers. Also for some reason the Cable wifi no longer shows up in the list at that location in the parking lot but the XFINITY wifi and xfinity wifi show up in the list.....but ONLY while in the parking lot when months ago it was working just fine in the lobby of the store.