I purchased a new iPhone 8 Plus directly from Xfinity mobile on April 13. I received the phone April 18. I followed the instructions online but it said there was an issue and to call Support. I did so and they were unable to help. They had no idea what was wrong. I have subsequently called for more times over the past two weeks and each time I was told that it has been sent to engineering, tier 3, to be looked at. Last week I called again and was told that they tried to call me but had some strange phone number. They didn’t even bother to call me on my main phone number which is on the account. I had them change the phone number to the correct one and I’m still waiting. I have called back to bore times only to find out that someone close the ticket and I had to get the person to reopen it again.
As of today, April 29, I am still waiting to hear from someone as to what’s going on and when it will be fixed. This is a New phone number and new phone all from Xfinity mobile directly.
Can someone please help me?
I know if your not in a verizon tower area your wasting your time,I had to travel 50 miles to get my wifes activated.
I’m actually near a Verizon tower near downtown Atlanta. I have another line with them and it’s fine. Just some weird issue in their system that’s blocking it. Thanks for the response though.
AtlantaRob, I'll check on your Tier 3 ticket. I'll follow up on the private message you sent me.
Hello AtlantaRob, hope your issue has been resolved. If not, would you be able to provide details of the issues you are facing while activating the device? I had activating issues when I bought my device last week (@ the Marietta store). It took about 3 hours to get the activation resolved. Not sure if you are facing the same issue. I bought two devices at the store but could not activate for hours. After about three hours of struggle the store rep was able to activate one of the device. I activated the other device myself at home. Here is the process I followed to activate:
1. Completely erase the phone (mine was new, so nothing to lose here)
2. Boot up and set up as new. When navigating through the device set up, I skipped through most - touch id, passcode, iCloud, blah blah... and while setting it up, I set it up first under Wifi (home wifi)
3. After the set up is complete, went to settings, checked for software update and updated to the latest IOS version (this is important for th e Xfinity settings "update" in step 5)
4. Reboot the device. Up until this time the network on the top left corner of the phone was showing "Verizon LTE". This is incorrect. It show Xfinity Mobile; otherwise the phone wouldnt work (you may be able to make a call but data will not work)
5. When the phone started up, there was a pop-up to "update"; this I believe is the key. This updates the network/carrier settings to change from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile. This step is the critical part. Until you see this "update" the phone wont work. For this "update" to pop-up, the phone must be connected to a working internet/wifi. When the store rep was doing it, he missed the iOS update (step#3) and the connection to a local wifi, so the network update push from Xfinity didnt happen (probably because of lack of internet connection and because of iOS was missing an update). Also in step 2, he didnt connect to a wifi for a functioning internet connection, so the iOS update didnt happen as well
6. Once the "update" was complete, reboot the device. You should see "Xfinity Mobile" on the top left from now. This should complete the activation and the phone is ready to go.
Hope this helps.