Community Forum

Caller ID on Xfinity

New Poster

Caller ID on Xfinity

I recently switched to Xfinity mobile from sprint and the caller ID on my iPhone 8 Plus doesn’t show my name when I call a number ( just displays wireless caller) .Is the the Caller ID feature missing in Xfinity mobile?
New Poster

Re: Caller ID on Xfinity

Had the same issue a couple months ago and was told all the Xfinity Mobile accouts get the "Wireless Caller" ID vs. a name.  I escalated a couple levels in support and it was confimred.

New Poster

@mleeperAre you talking about outgoing calls or incoming?
What I want is caller ID for incoming calls on my iPhone 8.  Local Comcast store didn't know how to make that work - other than if the caller was in my Contacts, it would show the name.  But I want incoming caller ID for anyone NOT in my Contacts.  
Incoming caller ID works just fine with our Comcast landline.  Why won't it work with Xfinity Mobile?

wrote:

Had the same issue a couple months ago and was told all the Xfinity Mobile accouts get the "Wireless Caller" ID vs. a name.  I escalated a couple levels in support and it was confimred.

New Poster

Inbound Caller ID to your iPhone is an Apple issue not an Xfinity issue.  Xfinity will pass phone number and name to the iPhone but the iphone will only show number unless it matches with an iPhone contact.

New Poster

@mleeper wrote:

Inbound Caller ID to your iPhone is an Apple issue not an Xfinity issue.  Xfinity will pass phone number and name to the iPhone but the iphone will only show number unless it matches with an iPhone contact.

Thank you!  I was afraid of that.  Local Comcast store employee alluded to how that possibly is the case.

T'would be nice if Apple could remedy that in a future iOS release.