Community Forum

Call Failed

Regular Visitor

Call Failed

I have been with xfinity mobile since it rolled out in my area and have never had problems until starting about a month ago. When people call me, regardless if I am in an area with wifi or cellular, I will go to answer and will get "call failed." I can call people back with no problems. As I mentioned this happens at home where I have very strong wifi and when driving in my car where there is no wifi. 

I have reset my phone and nothing changed. It seemed to happen with the last carrier update. I constantly check for a new update but there hasn't been one. I want to stay with xfinity, but I'll be forced to switch back if this can be fixed. A simple google search shows that this isn't an isolated issue either. Please make this a priority before you lose customers!

Valued Contributor

Re: Call Failed

@Seannydeez13 wrote:

I have been with xfinity mobile since it rolled out in my area and have never had problems until starting about a month ago. When people call me, regardless if I am in an area with wifi or cellular, I will go to answer and will get "call failed." I can call people back with no problems. As I mentioned this happens at home where I have very strong wifi and when driving in my car where there is no wifi. 

I have reset my phone and nothing changed. It seemed to happen with the last carrier update. I constantly check for a new update but there hasn't been one. I want to stay with xfinity, but I'll be forced to switch back if this can be fixed. A simple google search shows that this isn't an isolated issue either. Please make this a priority before you lose customers!

I had similar issues when I first signed up for Xfinity Mobile about couple of months ago but the "call failed" thing has reduced now.  In the initial few weeks, it was horrible.  I activated/deactivated/activated cellular data, rebooted it few times.  Not sure what was causing or ot what fixed it (partially or fully) but the call failure on incoming has reduced a lot now.  Verizon/Xfinity Mobile coverage at my work location is poor (one bar to no bar most of the times);  so not exactly sure what was causing it though but has reduced significantly over the last month.  If in case you havent enabled the "cellular data", try to enable them and keep it ON always (do not turn it off;  for controlling data usage,  go to cellular data and disable apps you do not want to use cellular data).  I think Verizon network does not like non-4G LTE type of set up; so always have the cellular data enabled (for both data and voice) - connected to WiFi or no WiFi, always have the cellular data enabled.   

Valued Contributor

Please also check this thread - https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/WiFi-calling-frequent-drops-and-call-failed-issues/td-p...

I may be wrong in my post.  Reading through the above thread, it appears this is an ongoing issue with WiFi calling.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

'CALL FAILED' THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT COMAST IS NOT TAKING SEROUSLY. I have had my phone replaced along with the sim card... Ken ny answers or more run around?

New Poster

Any update to this issue. I too switched from Verizon last week and get call failed about a third of the calls. Never had this issue with Verizon
Contributor

I too am having this call failed problem. It happens when I am home with strong WiFi and 4 bars. As soon as I answer a call the call drops and a "call failed" message appears on my iPhone 7. I did every conceivable procedure to no avail. I was advised to get a new sim by one rep when I called and when I went to the store, the rep there told me a new sim was not solving the problem. I replaced my sim anyway and the first call I received after the sim replacement, was a called failed. So much for that as a possible solution.

I have done a factory restore (complet wipe of the iPhone), reset network settings, reset all settings, you name it, I had done it.

Valued Contributor

@John1455 wrote:

I too am having this call failed problem. It happens when I am home with strong WiFi and 4 bars. As soon as I answer a call the call drops and a "call failed" message appears on my iPhone 7. I did every conceivable procedure to no avail. I was advised to get a new sim by one rep when I called and when I went to the store, the rep there told me a new sim was not solving the problem. I replaced my sim anyway and the first call I received after the sim replacement, was a called failed. So much for that as a possible solution.

I have done a factory restore (complet wipe of the iPhone), reset network settings, reset all settings, you name it, I had done it.

Make sure Wi-fi calling is set to off.  I had this issue before when I turned on Wi-fi calling but after turning off the Wi-fi calling feature, I'm not seeing those failed calls anymore.

Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I live in South Florida, and joined Xfinity Mobile when they initiated BYOD, I came from ATT.  Love the savings for my wife and I - From $140/mo to $48, and the bonus was using Verizon Cell as ATT in my area was really awful.

I exerienced the CALL FAIL more time that I would think is normal. I have my own WiFi network and I use 5G primarily, with a VERY strong signal throughout my home.  Xifnity CSR bumped me up to 2nd Tier Tech Support.  They told me to turn off: WiFi Assist buried at the bottom of Cellular Data - you might have to wait for the page to load.   I believe the purpose is to switch to Cell Data when the WiFi gets too low.  As noted my WiFi is excellent, but I believe they have a bug in the software they haven't sorted out yet.  

I'll try this for a few days and see if things improve.  

I would think if all was working correctly, the iPhone (6) should switch back and forth between WiFi and Cell seemlessly.  I don't think it does.

Frequent Visitor

As a follow up to my recent POST - changing the WiFI Assist did not Work.  The first phone call dropped into VoiceMail after I received the Call Failed message.

There is certainly a problem on the Xfinity Network.

Frustrating.

Phil