Community Forum

Bring my own Android phone

Regular Visitor

Bring my own Android phone

Has this been implimented yet? If not is there an expected date it will be available?

Want to move over some other family members to this service but need to be able to transfer existing unlocked phones.

Valued Contributor

Re: Bring my own Android phone

@JMatt1 Currently you can only bring your own Apple Iphone to Xfinity Mobile. The only supported android devices are ones avaliable for purchase on the Xfinity Mobile website.(Galaxy s9/s9+, Galaxy Note 8,Galaxy s8/s8+, LG K30, Motorola e5 Play and the LG X Charge) -TheMasterTech

Regular Visitor

Yup - Already know that currenlty only iPhones can be brought over. Would like an official answer from Xfinity of when they plan on implimenting this for Andriod.

Thanks

Valued Contributor

@JMatt1 I hear you, I wish i could get the inside scoop as well, I am waiting to BYOD-Android too. Hope it happens soon.

Bronze Problem Solver

@JMatt1 wrote:

Yup - Already know that currenlty only iPhones can be brought over. Would like an official answer from Xfinity of when they plan on implimenting this for Andriod.

Thanks

Comcast never gives dates of releases.

Here's their reply on 6/4:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/New-phone-amp-BYOD/m-p/3100430/highlight/true#M13751

Contributor

It seems odd that Comcast would roll out BYOD for only one brand of phone. Let's face it, Comcast is missing a huge share of the market and alienating people who would switch carriers instantly if they could.   I may be a curmudgeon, but I'll never buy an Apple product.  Regardless of quality,which is very good, their take no prisoners and conquer the universe marketing approach offends me.  It's no different from the way IBM sold mainframes back when they controlled the market.  I'm waiting eagerly for Android support. 

Official Employee

@JMatt1 wrote: Yup - Already know that currenlty only iPhones can be brought over. Would like an official answer from Xfinity of when they plan on implimenting this for Andriod.

We don't currently have a definite date when Android will be eligible for BYOD, but we plan on having this avaible by the end of the year. Like (TheMasterTech) stated, you can purchase Android equipment from us online or in an Xfinity store.