Community Forum

Billing information not matching between Xfinity Mobile App and Xfinity online MY account/dashboard

Contributor

Billing information not matching between Xfinity Mobile App and Xfinity online MY account/dashboard

Today was the first day I actually used the Xfinity Mobile app.  Previously I had just used the online access via dashboard.  Interestingly I found billing information on the mobile app did not match information online.  The mobile app showed I had a past due amount and I needed to verify my card to continue using Xfinity mobile.  This was news to me since I check daily online and no such past due was ever shown.  I called in and got through fairly quickly yea!!!  The agent confirmed there was a past due amount so I paid it.  No new credit card info needed just needed to submit to my cc.  No specific reason why it just didn't process on its own or why it was "past due".  

I have two phones on backorder and that was the "past due" amount was for even though they have not shipped yet (est. ship on 9/25).  I checked my CC and nothing has posted there as pending so if it follows the process it should that amount won't get charged until the backorders actually ship.   In my case maybe "past due" is just the incorrect term being used in their system and it should be "pending due" and without the direction to update the card to continue using XM.

There have been so many reports of orders being cancelled, dropped, missing etc... I have no idea if I had not noticed the discrepancy and acted upon it that my backorders too might have gone by by.  You can't really know for sure.  All I could do was just act upon the information being presented.

Perhaps this is just another growing pain.  So my advice for the time being is to check both online and via the mobile app once you have a phone and its up and running just to cover all bases.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Billing information not matching between Xfinity Mobile App and Xfinity online MY account/dashbo

This is a bug I encountered because I had three phones on backorder.  The mobile app showed past due for those three orders, but they're not going to be charged until shipped.  Once the orders were packed for shipping and the CC was charged for the orders, the past due notice on the app went away on its own.  The website Manage my Account page never showed the warning.  Therefore, if you have phones on backorder and the amount is the total of the backordered orders, you can disregard the past due message on the apps.

Hopefully, the developers will fix that bug in the mobile app soon.  

Official Employee

Re: Billing information not matching between Xfinity Mobile App and Xfinity online MY account/das...

Yes Lonelyboy and gor88, the past due balance on an account can reflect the cost of devices that haven't been shipped yet. If there is a past due balance for a phone because it hasn't shipped, it will prevent you from adding another line/getting another phone. Assuming the credit info is correct and the warehouse has the device in stock, the card will be charged automatically once the order is fulfilled. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!