Community Forum

Billing Issue with mixed plans in my account

Frequent Visitor

Billing Issue with mixed plans in my account

My account currently has 2 lines with Unlimited Plan and 1 line with Pay By Gig.  The device on Pay By Gig has the celluar data turned off since day 1 and currently showing 0 GB used on my account online.  However, ever since I started incurring data usage with my two other devices (on Unlimited Plan), they started charging fees on my Pay By Gig line.  As of today, it has incurred $36 even though I know for sure the device hasn't used any data.  I called Billing department twice about this issue, but still no answer.  They credited me back $24 couple days ago, but now I need to call again as the charge keeps going up.  It seems like xfinity has problem billing accounts with mixed data plans.  All data usage are also billed aginst the Pay By Gig line.  I also cannot see accurate, up-to-minute data usage online.  The information doesn't seem to get updated.

I have had a few issues so far in my experience transferring from AT&T to xfinity.  The porting of the numbers is actually easy, but the customer service, order fulfillment, and biling issues from xfinity has been a nightmare to deal with.  Perhaps these are the growing pains that they are dealing with and we just happen to be the guinea pigs.  Anyone who is thinking of switching, I would recommend to wait a few more months until they smooth things out.

Official Employee

Re: Billing Issue with mixed plans in my account

nstar, I encourage you to reach out to XFINITY Mobile to go over your billing usage so any adjustments can be done as well. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have called Support 4 times.  As far as I know, it's been escalated to second tier.  This is supposedly a known issue that they are still working on.

Official Employee

I have called Support 4 times.  As far as I know, it's been escalated to second tier.  This is supposedly a known issue that they are still working on.

nstar, if you'd like me to look into that ticket, let me know. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have a similar problem. Every month I spend 2 to 3 hours trying to straighten out my bill. I have 3 phones on my plan yet the try to charge me 3 by the Gig and 2 unlimited when it is supposed to be 2, 3 gig plan and 1 unlimited. Every time they look at it the numbers don’t add up yet they look at it then quote me the sum that is usually off by $70 then after transferring me back and forth to tier 1 operator to tier 2 they add a credit to my bill. So frustrating.