Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Billing Cycle Inconsistency

Contributor

Billing Cycle Inconsistency

I bought my iPhone 6s at an Xfinity Store on 2-23-18 and activated it on 2-24.  On the app AND on my statements, it shows my billing cycle as going from the 23rd to the 23rd.  However, the email notification I get the morning of each 24th entitled "Your Billing Cycle Has Ended," which informs me that my statement is ready, displays a more intuitive "24th to 23rd" cycle. E.g., the latest one says, "Your account statement for the March 24 - April 23 billing cycle is ready."

So which is it?  The reason I ask is so that I know exactly when to reset the phone's cellular data usage meter in Settings/Cellular.

If the Xfinity Mobile app would move to a more precise data counter like the phone's, instead of rounding up to the next highest one-tenth of a gig, that would also help -- especially for those of us that aim to stay in the under-100mb no-data-charges zone some months.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Billing Cycle Inconsistency

Rick441, if you activated on the 24th, that is when your billing cycle began. The billing cycle doesn't end and begin on the same day. So if you activated on the 24th, the cycle would be from the 24th of the current month to the 23rd of the following. 

All Replies
Official Employee

Re: Billing Cycle Inconsistency

Rick441, if you activated on the 24th, that is when your billing cycle began. The billing cycle doesn't end and begin on the same day. So if you activated on the 24th, the cycle would be from the 24th of the current month to the 23rd of the following.