Community Forum

BYOD iphone 8 plus not able to access LTE

New Poster

BYOD iphone 8 plus not able to access LTE

Just Switch to Xfinity Mobile, can make a call, receive a message(but very slow), get access to internet via 3G, but!!! LTE does not work for me as well as the option to enable LTE for voice & Data.

My phone About:

iPhone 8 plus brought from apple store which is sim-free version.

Version: 11.4.1(15G77)

Carrier XFINITY Mobile 32.1

Model: MQ8F2LL/A A1864

Modem firmware: 1.93.00

Problem 1: can see XFINITY Mobile at left corn, when turning on the LTE, I can see LTE showed up in the left corner as well, but just no internet access, all the app complaining that I should turn on LTE, but I am. called customer service many times, reset network does not work, delete profile does not work, change a new sim card, but the same issue

Problem 2: Setting / cellular/ cellular data options/ enable LTE/ toggle on voice& data, give me alert "cannot activate LTE calls, to enable LTE calls on this account, contact Xfinity Mobile" . 

Any solution here? I can only use 3G, and can not surf the web during the call, which is painful, called Xfinity mobile many times, but no luck. I don't think I am the  only person, maybe I can get a solution here 

Regular Visitor

Re: BYOD iphone 8 plus not able to access LTE

I have the exact same issue and have been trying to get it resolved for 6+ months.

I activated an iPhone 6 (unlocked) Verizon phone in January of 2018, ported over from TracFone. Noticed after I left the LTE connection wasn't working but 3G did. Called CS and was told to wait a few days since activation may be slow.
Then called back several times and was always promised a call back which I never received.

Thankfully this is on a family members line that doesn't use much data outside of WiFi.

I've read you should delete any profiles if you have any under settings>general>profiles but I have none listed.

I even bought another phone to try - iPhone 6S Verizon and sane issue. I've also tried 3 SIMS all the same thing.

What service did you Port from? Do you have any profiles to delete?
Official Employee

Hi Dadtotwo, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hi Dadtotwo, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you