Community Forum

BYOD IMEI checker badly needed

New Poster

BYOD IMEI checker badly needed

We moved two iPhones (one 7, one 6S) to Xfinity mobile without issue, but the third phone (a 6S) is proving to be a nightmare. The IMEI passes EVERY OTHER COMPANY'S IMEI check, including Verizon and Pageplus (another Verizon MVNO), but the Xfinity checker at the store keeps showing that the IMEI is locked.

The crazy thing is that the first two phones were both originally bought through other carriers (Sprint and AT&T, respectively), while the problematic phone was originally bought carrier-free from Apple!

So far, no one has a clue what to do. The last carrier it was on (T-Mo) says it's not locked. Apple says it's not locked. EVERY online checker says it's unlocked. But in-store at Xfinity... locked.

Troubleshooting this is 1000x harder than it needs to be because EVERY SINGLE TIME we (meaning the knowledgable support folks at T-Mo or Apple, since Xfinity has no clue) try something new I have to drive 30 minutes to an Xfinity store and wait in line to get an answer.

TLDR: Xfinity needs a web interface to their IMEI database ASAP. BYOD is largely broken until they do that (or get their database in line with everyone else's).

Official Employee

Re: BYOD IMEI checker badly needed

Hi bellsy, I can assist you with getting your phone brought over from another carrier. If the equipment is indeed unlocked we can get everything transferred over for you. To get started, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me". 

Regular Visitor

I have almost the same problem.

I wonder if you could help me, too? That being said, I didn't see a button to send a PM.

Contributor

To send a message click on the name of the person involved and you will see the option at the top on the right.

Official Employee

Brazoragh wrote: I have almost the same problem.

I wonder if you could help me, too? That being said, I didn't see a button to send a PM.

I replied to your PM, please reach back out to me there for further assistance.