Community Forum

BYOD Android.

Regular Visitor

BYOD Android.

Are there any updates on this? Such as dates or even rumors at this point?
I know I'm beating a dead horse, however in Q1 of this year many posts were saying before year end; well, here we are in Q4.
I'm a little disappointed in the ambiguity of the responses by the Comcast employees on here about Android BYOD. So, maybe someone can give a little more concrete answer.
Contributor

Re: BYOD Android.

I also am waiting for any information about BYOD Android.  Like you said in the beginning of the year there was a lot of discussion of when BYOD Android would be announced.  As I remember it was going to be sometime this year.  I have a perfectly good MOTO that I would like to add to my account.  I tried my SIM card in it and it seems to work.  I have an iPhone on XFINITY and I like that I  can read my texts and answer my phone on my iPad,  but I miss my MOTO.

Regular Visitor

I'm surprised no one has chimed in on this topic. I just bought an HTC u12+ and everything works except receiving texts. I can send texts, send and receive calls, and my mobile data functions just fine. However I can not receive texts, so I'm at a loss here.
Valued Contributor
Regular Visitor

That was in June, it is now October.
Valued Contributor

Official Employee

Hello all, the information that (gderf) provided is correct. We plan on rolling out BYOD to all Android devices in the near future but at this time there is no set date on when this will happen. Feel free to reach back out to me here or via PM if you have any further questions. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Pixel-3-unlocked/m-p/3151477/highlight/true#M16332

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I activated BYOD on an old iPhone then moved to Moto xpe. Works perfectly. No need to wait for the official blessings.
Contributor

without official blessings as you put it, some will miss out on key features. For example, as someone stated above, they cannot receive text. As I have experienced with a Non XM Unlocked Note 8, the Voice over LTE function will be loss. 

Official Employee

elie2wins wrote: without official blessings as you put it, some will miss out on key features. For example, as someone stated above, they cannot receive text. As I have experienced with a Non XM Unlocked Note 8, the Voice over LTE function will be loss. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here. As I stated the phone may work for calls but all other features will not work properly. We are in the  testing stages with BYOD for Androids as we speak, but there is no set time on when the program will be rolled out to the public. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!