Community Forum

BYOD Android yet?

New Poster

BYOD Android yet?

Checked in and asked Xfinity Mobile support if BYOD Android was available yet...got the same canned answer as the website, word for word.  Anyone have a date this will be available?  I want to switch but this is a hold-up I am not willing to let go of if I have to go buy a new Android phone through Xfinity exclusively.  I know there is a lot more involved behind the scenes, but if they can do it with ultra-proprietary-based Apple, why not with Android?  (IMHO, I would have adopted Android first over iOS).

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: BYOD Android yet?

@diver6636 wrote:

Checked in and asked Xfinity Mobile support if BYOD Android was available yet...got the same canned answer as the website, word for word.  Anyone have a date this will be available?  I want to switch but this is a hold-up I am not willing to let go of if I have to go buy a new Android phone through Xfinity exclusively.  I know there is a lot more involved behind the scenes, but if they can do it with ultra-proprietary-based Apple, why not with Android?  (IMHO, I would have adopted Android first over iOS).

please  keep  checking  back   for  updates  has you no  comcast is not  going too tell you when its  going too be come  available it will come when its ready too roll out 

Official Employee

Re: BYOD Android yet?

@diver6636 wrote: 

Thank you for reaching out reagrding this concern, at this time we do not have a release date for the BYOD program for Android equipment. Please check back in with us later in the year for an update. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!