Community Forum

BYOD Android Fail

New Poster

BYOD Android Fail

So . . . Takes forever to roll out the android program, then it gets rolled out for Samsung exclusively atm, and now my S8 purchased unlocked from the Samsung store wont work with it? Hmmm. Good thing I didnt get hyped up for it.
New Poster

Re: BYOD Android Fail

I tried porting my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9, which I purchased directly from Samsung, to Xfinity Mobile. I made four trips to the retail store, three calls to their customer service line and even contacted their executive solutions team. The end result is that phone model numbers ending in "U1" are not compatible with their software.

To resolve this dilemma, I purchased an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 directly from Samsung. I was thinking that the above problem existed in older models since bringing Androids to Xfinity Mobile is a new choice. WRONG!

I ran into the exact same situation! My unlocked Galaxy S10 is not compatible with their software.

I contacted Samsung about getting an exchange for a Galaxy S10 that is compatible with Xfinity Mobile. I was told they do not have any phones that are compatible!
So it appears that the only way to get an Android to be compatible with their software is to purchase the Android directly from Xfinity Mobile!
Regular Contributor

Re: BYOD Android Fail

I have done exactly that and the monthly cost of 2 new phones, one gig of data + taxes & fees if less than cost of service only from vzw

- Bill