Community Forum

BEWARE: Xmobile can send you refurbished iPhone

Contributor

BEWARE: Xmobile can send you refurbished iPhone

I've ordered two 128GB iPhone SE's  ($450 each) from XMobile. First one came was new (0 minutes used), but the second one has 3 hrs 9 minutes of call time logged already - so it's definitely a refurb! Cosmetically it looks fine (no scratches or anything), but they sold it as new at the same price point as a new device. Also, I cannot check its warranty with Apple - apparently apple's warranty system doesn't recognize it as a new device and gives me the following error message:

Please validate your product’s purchase date.Apple is unable to provide information about your service coverage. Please sign in with your Apple ID and provide your product’s date of purchase so that we can display your coverage information.

I never had a problem validating warrantly on my apple's devices (about a dozen devices or so, including the fist iPhone SE from Xmobile), so sothinng is definitely fishy. Just want to share my experience.

-albertr

Contributor

Re: BEWARE: Xmobile can send you refurbished iPhone

This is exactly what I experienced with the Iphone SE.  I posted about it 2 weeks ago.  According to Apple I was sent a refurbished phone that was locked to the Verizon network.  It had prior usage.  As a result I have no warranty on the phone at all.  Now Xfinity Mobile is refusing to authorize unlocking of the phone, contrary to what it says on their website.  This is a really shady business practice.  Beware.

Contributor

What did you end up with? Did you request Xmobile to replace it?

I'm on the fence with deciding whether to stay with Xmobile or go back to AT&T, still have about 20 days to return my devices.

-albertr

Contributor

They claimed not to know anything about it and said if you dont want our service then send the phone back and pay the restocking fee.