Community Forum

BEWARE! Just charged $900 for replacement phone, no refund!

New Poster

BEWARE! Just charged $900 for replacement phone, no refund!

Where to begin? 2 months into contract and nothing has gone well. And now I just got charged $900 for a replacement phone.

It all started 2 months ago. I ordered an iPhone 7 and 7 plus. Our numbers were assigned incorrectly on the wrong phones. Multiple calls over multiple days and way too many hours spent on the phone with support, no luck getting the phones set up correct. So they send new sim cards and after more support calls, one phone finally works. However, support determines that the iPhone 7 Plus is bad out of the box. So service rep tells us we need a replacement and they will send one out right away. After a week we call back and they now tell us we missed the 30 day return policy by ONE DAY and they can’t help us. After talking to a higher level rep they said we needed to go to a local store for help. The store rep tells us in return they can’t help us and we needed to call someone else, AGAIN. Finally someone says they are going to help and send a replacement phone but then they send the WRONG MODEL. So I send that one back and finally get a replacement iPhone 7plus. Everything seems to finally be good but 2 weeks later I am bill the full price for the replacement. I call support and they say unless I have the FedEx Tracking number for the phone I sent back 2 weeks ago that I am out of luck. Great, it’s been 2 weeks and heard nothing back so my fault for assuming everything was good to go and threw away my receipt and now I am charged $900 more! WHAT A SCAM! This type of service is unacceptable. I will never recommend Xfinity to anyone, ever.

My wife and I rely on our phones for both business and personal. This poor service has caused us a number of issues because of this. I have used Sprint, TMobile and Verizon in the past and have NEVER had such difficulties in service and certainly never an issue with having to be charged TWICE for a phone!

Official Employee

Re: BEWARE! Just charged $900 for replacement phone, no refund!

Rastamis, I would assume that you were charged for the device because you received a warranty exchanged device after the 30 day window. What was the issue with the original phone? 

Did you return the first set of phones that were exchanged?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

The iPhone 7plus never took calls properly when it wasnt connected to WiFi. Numerous support calls to try and fix it. I was within the 30 day warranty window when a tech said they were sending a new phone out. I waited a week and recieved nothing and when we called back they said we just missed the 30 return window during that same week, UNBELIEVABLE. Worst off is I wanted it replaced to begin with but Support said they could work with me to fix it. If it was just replaced from day one, none of this would have happned? So finally after more service calls and an in store visit, a higher level support tech said they would take care of it and send out a replacement. Never was it discussed that we would have to pay for a new phone. Why would I pay $900 MORE for a new phone that should have been replaced in the 1st place!?!? If you look at my serivce call records you can more then see the patience I have had to resolve my phone issues. I trusted in your company that I would recidve a good product and good service. I reiceved neither and now am being chaged almost a thousand more dollars for my trouble. UNACCEPTABLE!

Regular Visitor

OMG! I just checked my account and they have now charged me for 1st replacement phone as well. They sent me an iPhone 7 to replace the iPhone 7plus. I sent it back litterally the same day. They then sent me an iPone 7 plus and I mailed back the broken one, litterally, the same day. That was over 2 weeks ago. I now have a new $800 charge as well as a new $900 charge on my credit card. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I was just told on the phone if I cannot provide proof that I re-sent these phones back that I am out of luck!

Problem Solver

You threw out the tracking numbers for both phones you returned??? Try calling FedEx with the date of shipment, originating address, and destination address and see if they can look up the tracking numbers for you.

Regular Visitor

Yup, I made the poor choice of assuming that after having received the right replacement I was good to go as I felt enough time had passed. :-(   Thanks for the FedEx advice, I will call them now.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

FedEx should be able to help you, even if you just set up an account on the FedEx website (does not cost anything) they should pick up the tracking just by you name and address. I have it set up online and any time I am recieving a package from FedEx they even email me letting me know I have something coming just from my address. Give FedEx a call.

Regular Visitor

FedEx might not be able to help - as both return and send to addresses are the same on the return label - both say Return Processing Dept - XM.

I am worried now and I also have an exchange and haven’t received anything from XM after 2 weeks. Fortunately, I do have the tracking #.
Official Employee

Rastamis1, if the phones were returned, then they may still be in processing. I can check to see what's going on here. Please private message me your account number, address and full name for help. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Information sent, thank you.

Official Employee

Rastamis1, we've refunded you the cost of the devices. Please post again if you need additional help.