Community Forum

Are xfinity mobile phones unlocked?

Contributor

Are xfinity mobile phones unlocked?

Are cell phones purchased from Comcast unlocked?

Can they be using on any carrier if you leave Comcast?

Contributor

Re: Are xfinity mobile phones unlocked?

It depends on the phone.

All iPhones are locked. You have to request an unlock code through customer support.

All the lastest Galaxy S8 are locked.

All the others handsets are unlocked.

You have to look for the handset spec and see if it support the others carriers frequencies.

If you buy an iPhone 6S or 7, if you unlock it, it will be compatible with all the others carriers.

Frequent Visitor

They do unlock iPhones, but as I tried to get mine unlocked, I have waited more than two days thus far. No email since Monday with further instructions at all. Horrible customer service.
New Poster

Did you ever get your phone unlocked?

New Poster

You are wrong, all xfinity mobile phone is LOCK. I just recently purchase 2 phone, 1 Galaxy S8+ and 1 LG X charge and both are LOCK and require an unlock code. But I was able to obtain a cheap unlock code for the LG, but galaxy are much harder to find. Someone on eBay offering $35-40 for remote unlock, I don't think I will be allowing no one to access my phone through apps lol.
New Poster

Also from my previous post. Xfinity mobile use Verizon tower, you can put a xfinity sim card in any Verizon phone (including prepaid phone) and it still work. I had try to put it in a prepaid iPhone 5S I bought at Wal-Mart last year as a backup phone and it work fine. But here a somethings else you maybe interesting.. xfinity sim card work on Verizon phone, but Verizon sim card will NOT work on xfinity phone.. I try to put a Verizon sim card in my galaxy s8+ and it require a unlock code! So don't think buying a xfinity phone can activate Verizon service..
New Poster

Also, here one more things I want to added to the previous post about xfinity service.

Xfinity mobile is the only Verizon MVNO that offer full speed and allow data tethering. Straight talk and Red Pocket are fails claim, I test straight talk Verizon sim and speed was (up to 5MB download and 2MB upload) xfinity some places get up to (95MB download and 45MB upload) I didn't do much tests beside some places only.

But if you do the math.. $45 unlimited data + $26.67 (S8+ financed) = $73 a month vs. Verizon $80 unlimited + device payment + +25 access fee, you still saving.

After you payoff your device, you can upgrade anytime or just pay $45 a month.. Still a win win!!
Highlighted
New Poster

No....They are Locked. Xfinity iPhones when you put a Verizon sim in, keeps going to activation screen right after home screen.....