Community Forum

Apple Watch

New Poster

Apple Watch

When will Xfinity begin supporting Apple Watch with cellular or will this never happen?
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Watch

@Prosper2911 wrote:
When will Xfinity begin supporting Apple Watch with cellular or will this never happen?

You will not get a date out of anyone from XM.

Regular Contributor

Yea I got several Verizon and att gear watches and never more than likely. They carry a esim which is internal and not replaceable. So Xfinity will have to sell you their branded watches since we all see how well byop is going
New Poster

Won’t happen. Xfinity mobile is handset device ready only. They don’t have their own network and piggy back off of Verizon and Apple only allows Apple Watch to be set up with your main network carriers. Apple would have to come to an agreement with Xfinity and i don’t see that ever happening as Xfinity Mobile is as basic as it comes to selection. That’s why you only see IPhones and Galaxy phones and the three cheap phones. They are a base bones cellular network and plan on staying that way.
New Poster

When I switched to Xfinity Mobile back in April, I was told by the sales rep that Apple Watch Support was coming in June., 2019.  I guess we’ll see if that becomes reality. 

New Poster

I was in the store yesterday and there's signage up. 6/28 is the launch

Contributor

This is great news! Did you by chance get a pic of the banner?

I also see on their website that they are now offering cellular enabled iPads.
New Poster

I didn't but I'm going back today to get my daughter a pop socket that we've only seen there. I'll snap a pic.

They do have ipads. The 6th gen is free but you have to add a line access fee which is $10 per month. There's 4 models. The older ipad pro(with the thumbprint sensor) is like $18 a month plus the line access fee. You can choose to do by the gig so as long as you're just using it at home, it'll be $0 per month for data. So, basically $240 for an ipad. I think it's 128gb

New Poster

It won’t let me post a pic anywhere on the forum
Contributor

I appreciate you trying!  Thanks again for mentioning this in the forum!  

You'd think they'd officially publicize this themselves - given the interest.  

Official Employee

**UPDATED 07/01/19**

Hi all, 

As of 06/28/19, Comcast has officially announced it will offer Apple Watch Series 4 with built-in cellular, the new 10.5-inch iPad Air, and the new 7.9-inch iPad mini to Xfinity Mobile customers. The launch marks the first non-smartphone devices available to Xfinity Mobile customers. Apple Watch will be available for purchase beginning on June 28 in Xfinity Stores only, and customers can pre-register today. iPads continue to be available in Xfinity Stores nationwide.

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi all, 

We have officially announced a deal for customers who are interested in cellular iPads via XFINITY Mobile (The WiFi only iPads are done via XFINITY Residential services). We have not announced a launch for the cellular Apple Watch. We do not carry the Apple Watch. 

Ken

this post needs too get pined  so that way ever one would stop makeing  new  threads about the same thing 

Contributor
New Poster

There is definitely a launch date 6/28 maybe you should get your info correct before posting
Contributor

Further Evidence AppleWatch support is coming.

Noticed a carrier update was available within the Watch settings app this morning.  After appying the update, I now have an option to Setup Cellular - which takes you landing page indicating it's coming soon.  Previously, the Cellular Setup screen simply indicated that XFinity Mobile was a carrier that didn't support the Apple Watch.

IMG_CA0D86E37841-1.jpeg

Contributor

I wonder if they are going to let us use our own watches instead of buying them from XM
New Poster

Are we guessing there will be a monthly charge of some kind for this service?

Contributor

Yeah. In some form or another.
New Poster

$10 per month for line access + data charges, either $10 per gb or $45 for unlimited
Contributor

Which is on par with the other carriers' offerings.  

The watch will only use Cellular if it's out of reach from the iPhone, and is unable to connect via WiFi.

So, the likelyhood of consuming cellular data on the watch and the iphone at the same time is pretty non-existent.  

New Poster

C076729C-B8F3-437F-894E-B23BD9799FAC.pngThis is what I got today after a carrier update on my iPhone XS Max under the Apple Watch app settings. It looks like Xfinity is adding apple watches soon along with the connected iPads.

New Poster

Other carriers actually charge $10.00 a month for unlimited data on the Apple Watch. If Xfinity is charging per gb on the watch then it's an absolutely terrible deal. 

New Poster

I would assume it would mirror your plan. Unlimited phone equals unlimited watch. By the gig phone equals by the gig watch
New Poster

Wrong... June 28th
New Poster

June 28th
New Poster

unlimited for $10 a month
New Poster

227E6FE3-EFDF-439B-87C9-F3203CAF8F97.jpeg

New Poster

Could you send the pic to my email address? <edit>. Thanks.

New Poster

6/28/19 dude.
Contributor

Why do we have to wait for other providers to be supported? Aren’t Apple Watches unlocked and with the same bands? (US version)
New Poster

I just spoke to a representative and they did confirm 6/28 they will start supporting apple watches
Regular Visitor

Got an appointment for June 28, 2019 to get my Apple Watch #3 hooked up to Xfinity wireless.
Cost 10.00 per month
New Poster

Is it a watch you already own ?
New Poster

lol you were wrong

they go on sale friday june 28th
Contributor

Apple Watch- Activation, fees?

Any information on activations fees? Starting or stoping service? Taxes or fees beyond the $ 10 charge?

Contributor

Re: Apple Watch- Activation, fees?

I was able to successfully activate my BYO watch this morning.

$10 a month - and uses your phone’s data plan. Didn’t see any indication of any additional fees and no activation charges.

I was given the first 3 months for free.

Regular Visitor

My update June 28, 2019 got an appointment at Xfinity at 10:30 to hook up my watch and my wifes.

Woke up at 6:30 and thought I would try to hook up myself. 

Went to the watch app and tried to hookup using "Set up Cellular".  Said it may take a few minutes.  After 15 minutes I gave up and restarted the process.

But while I was waiting I thought I would try my wife's watch a 4. which hooked up to her iphone 10 in about 30 seconds.

So I called Xfinity and the girl knew nothing she was reading from a screen and did not have a clue.

But what I did learn is that you could hook up using the Xinity Mobile app.  Unfortunatly it did not work for me.

After a while she asked where I bought my apple watch 3,  I said Macys and my wife got her 4 at Apple.  The rep said that was the problem they are only supporting wataches bought from Apple, Verison, and Best Buy.

Now that makes no sense since all watches are unlocked.  So I guess I will keep my 10:30 appointment.

Will report my experience.

Regular Visitor

Since xfinity told me I could not hook up my watch becasuse I bought it at Macys, not apple, best by or verison.

So where did you buy your watch.  BTW it was hookup to ATT before I switch to Xfinity.

Contributor

Apple Watch- Activation

I was just told that no matter where the watch was purchased if it had previously been activated on ATT it currently can't be activated on Xfinity Mobile. They said check back in a few weeks.

New Poster

Went to buy a watch this morning I already have 5 phones on my acc so they wouldn’t let me add it because it counts as a line ... what a JOKE
Contributor

My watch was recently purchased from Target and wasn’t previously activated on any other carrier.

Regular Visitor

My year long wait is over.

My previous posts detailed my quest to get service on my apple watch 3.

So last I heard could not hookup if was previously on ATT.  Well mine was on ATT.  I tried to do it myself for a hour or so.  Called help said only could hookup if phone was purchased from Apple, Verizon or best buy.

I went into the xfinity store and payed dum and let them try.  Well no success they called some level of tech support.  They could do nothing.  It was kicked up the line to a higher level of support and I was given a number and would be contacted within 48 hours.

Well this afternoon about 4 hours since I went to the store I was playing with the watch and looking to unpair it and came across a line that said cellular service Xfinity.  I thought it was a mistake but looked elseware on the watch and the cellular icon was lit.  So I shut off my phone and called my wife on my watch and it worked.

So to recap I purchased the phone and is was activated on ATT (as was my phone), now both are on Xfinity.

Official Employee

Hi All, 

As you already know, we will be offering Apple Watches via XFINITY Mobile! We will also offer a BYOD program for the device via select retailers. Here are a few additional details: 

Data used by your smart watch will count toward the By the Gig or Unlimited data of your paired phone.

You can have more than one smart watch paired to a single phone line. However, the smart watch fee will only be waived once per phone line. If you cancel the paired watch line during the first 90-days, the promotion will end and you will be charged the $10 monthly smart watch fee.

Apple Watches (GPS + Cellular) will count towards a customer’s total number of eligible lines allowed.

At launch, customers who purchased an Apple Watch from Verizon, or from major retailers such as Apple and Best Buy, will be able to bring their own watch to Xfinity Mobile regardless of which mobile carrier their watch is currently using.

At this time, we cannot support Apple Watches purchased from AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile. We expect to support watches purchased from those carriers later this summer.

To use an Apple Watch Series 3 or Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) with Xfinity Mobile, customers will need to pair the watch with an iPhone 6 or later, running iOS version 12.3 or later and have Watch OS version 5.2.1 or later.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

When will anyone know how to do this. I just (as in 10 minutes ago) went into a store, and they called their regional manager and were told I can’t bring my Apple Watch 4 since it was purchased from Apple. I’ve called support three time in the last 2 days and they have no idea! How do I get set up???
Official Employee

Hey jmunzer! 

Thanks for letting me know about this. At what point were you told that you couldn't use your watch? Was it after entering the IMEI? The watch counts as an active line on your account so if you have already reached the maximum amount of lines you are able to have, you will not be able to activate.

Contributor

I only have 4 devices currently on my account. The watch would be the 5th. I think he did try entering my IMEI. He really didn’t seem to have any idea what was going on, and didn’t think you could bring your own watch at all. The people on the phone don’t know either.
Contributor

It didn’t seem like he really even tried, and when his regional told him BYOD wasn’t working, he didn’t even try any more. One of the other people at the counter said they couldn’t do it until July 5th??
Official Employee

Hmm. OK. Do you have any freezes on your credit report or anything like that? 

edit: 

BYOD for Apple Watches should be in effect now. Have you tried calling back in?

Contributor

No. Def no freezes or anything like that. I called in twice yesterday, and twice today. They don’t seem to know how to activate it! They tell me to go to the watch app, which doesn’t work. Then they have no idea what to do. They try adding slot as a line, and don’t tell me what does or doesn’t happen. Then come back and tell me it isn’t available yet.
Official Employee

Got it. My team isn't able to activate XFINITY Mobile lines of service (That is only done via XFINITY Mobile support), but I'll ask some of my colleagues if they have any insight on this. Hang tight. 

Ken