Community Forum

Appalling Service From Xfinity Mobile

Frequent Visitor

Appalling Service From Xfinity Mobile

I have been a Xfinity Mobile customer for over two years (and a Xfinity customer for almost fifteen). The service for the most part has been…OK. Up until this past winter anyway, when began a stretch of the worst customer service I have ever received from any company, ever. The best part is just when I think it can’t get any worse, Xfinity somehow manage to top themselves.

Starting in December, my phone would sporadically be deactivated by Xfinity Mobile. Can’t place calls, can’t receive calls, can’t even contact Xfinity. Nothing. Trying to place a call reroutes me to an automated message from Verizon Wireless saying I can’t place a call and that if I hold an operator will be with me shortly to help me make a “collect” call.

Not only does the phone not work, but when I call Xfinity from another phone, the automated system doesn’t recognize that my cell number even belongs to Xfinity. The result of this is that it takes a solid five minutes of button pushing and saying “Agent” before I can even speak to anyone live.

Once I finally DO get routed to someone live, inevitably it’s a solid hour spent with “Tier 1 Customer Care” while I explain the situation and answer redundant questions that I would hope are all already documented in notes on my account. It doesn’t appear this is the case. Each time, it’s like I’m starting from scratch: there don’t appear to be any notes anyone at Xfinity bothered to log from the previous time this occurred. Or if there ARE notes, the “Customer Care” reps don’t care enough to read them.

The “Tier 1” team has absolutely no idea how to correct this situation. All they can basically do is tell me that on their end, everything looks good: the billing account is up to date, etc. They’ll make foolish suggestions like “have you tried power cycling the phone?” Sometimes I can convince them to escalate my case quickly, but more often than not, I’d have to sit on the phone for up to an hour while they “check some systems”, even after explaining that I’d been through this multiple times previously and that I needed to be escalated.

Eventually, I’ll convince Tier 1 to escalate me to the “Tier 2 Customer Care” team. After once again explaining the situation to the Tier 2 rep, and answering questions I’ve by now been asked dozens of times, they’ll do some poking around, “check some other systems”, and eventually will get my phone working again. I’m never given any explanation for WHY this happened, other than vague references to “other systems”. This takes anywhere from 30-60 MORE minutes with the Tier 2 team. Total time invested by me for each call typically approaches two hours.

The first time this happened, I put it down as an anomaly. I was assured it was corrected, and wouldn’t happen again. The second time, I was irritated but figured “They MUST have fixed it this time”. The third time, I was once again assured it was DEFINITELY fixed this time, and the Tier 2 rep even volunteered to follow up with me in one month to ensure it hadn’t happened again. No follow-up ever occurred.

The 4th time, I explained to the Tier 2 rep that the PREVIOUS Tier 2 rep had failed to follow-up with me, and how disappointing that was. They sympathized, and told me that they would DEFINITELY follow up with me. No follow up ever came.

Just as I thought Xfinity’s service couldn’t get any worse, the fifth time this occurred was this week. The Tier 1 rep I spoke to put me through the usual wringer of answering the same questions I’d answered dozens of times before, even as I BEGGED her to simply read the notes on the account where all this was (hopefully) already documented. Forty minutes went by. Forty minutes of long stretches of silence while the Tier 1 rep “did some research”. Every 5-6 minutes, she would return with another question. The questions began to grow irritating, as I was forced to repeat myself again and again, or answer questions that it seemed to me SHE should have better knowledge of than me. Especially irritating was when thirty minutes in she asked “So, how often does this occur?” I pointed out that it should be a simple matter for her to go and view the notes from the previous four times I’ve called.

Finally, after forty long minutes, the Tier 1 rep piped up with this gem: “So, are you calling me from this phone”? I lost it. I said “Are you joking?!” She replied that she was most definitely NOT joking, and that she was trying to help me. I replied “Tell me, why am I speaking to you today?” She went silent for several moments. Then it hit her: “Oh, right. Your phone can’t place calls”.

Finally, I was escalated to Tier 2. Same routine as always where I am forced to explain the situation all over again. As always, the rep put me on hold to “check some systems”. She would check in every 5-10 minutes to tell me she “was working on it”. After another thirty minutes with the Tier 2 rep, I was well over an hour total into the call. I was calling from work, and at that point, I needed to leave for the day. I explained to the rep that I needed to hang up, to be told that if I hung up, she “couldn’t continue to work on this”. I asked what me sitting in silence was accomplishing, and she simply repeated she “couldn’t continue to work on this” if I hung up. I demanded to speak to her supervisor. After another five minutes on hold while I began to get nervous that I wouldn’t be home in time to meet my 6-year-old getting off the bus, she finally came back and informed me she “got permission from her supervisor to keep working”. I asked if I would receive a follow-up call, and she said yes, she’d call me once it was fixed.

I drove home and waited several hours. No call came. On a whim, I tried placing a call. The call went through. At this point, I was more than livid that once again that while they had “corrected the issue”, I had received no assurances that this wouldn’t simply happen again, and that that once again no one had bothered to follow up with me.

I called Customer Care AGAIN, and jumped through the usual hoops before being connected to Carla on the Tier 2 team. After reading through the notes, Carla assured me that this time they DEFINITELY fixed it, and hat the rep I had been speaking with earlier had done they ri9ght thing and “put in the work-around” for this known issue. I was skeptical, but Carla assured me that this was now fixed. I explained that the reps on the previous four calls had also assured me it was fixed, and that my confidence was low. She once again assured me that this was corrected, and told me her “Employee Number(?) was 305916” if I wanted to contact her again.

At this point, I explained to Carla that for all the trouble, wasted time, and missed phone calls, I expected to be credited on my account if Xfinity hoped to keep me as a customer. Carla agreed that was reasonable. She put me on hold for several minutes to speak with her Supervisor. After about five minutes, she came back and explained that “her supervisor wanted to do a thorough review of the account to ensure I was adequately compensated” and that her Supervisor would call me back “shortly”. That was two days ago.      

Never in my life have I dealt with a company with worse service than this. Unexplained technical issues aside (which are already frustrating enough), the complete and utter failure to follow up and see an issue through to its conclusion is utterly appalling. I suspect Xfinity bit off more than they can chew when they got into the mobile business. They clearly don’t have the resources, skill set or knowledge to be a player in this business.

I will be taking my service elsewhere.       

Regular Visitor

Re: Appalling Service From Xfinity Mobile

I have not had problems as bad as yours, but I have has ongoing problems with voicemail. Conacting Xfinity is a total waste of time. They cannot answer a question, solve a problem, or care less about their customers. I will stick with them until my three phones are paid off, then I'm gone if things don't change. 

I try to be loyal to a company. I was with Verizon for almost 30 years. Then they showed me that they did't care about me as a cutomer. Now they don't have my business. 

Regular Contributor

I feel ya. I'm away from them and I'm dealing with them still charging me taxes and surcharges for 2 months now and haven't been a customer for 2 full billing cycles. Buy yet they keep trying to charge me about 1.75 each month. It took me putting up a bogus old prepaid card number to get them to quit the app still pretty much shows I am a customer other than my lines deactivated despite me asking pre my personal data privacy I want my account deleted totally. Not able to log in nothing.
We so sowwy but we no can do that
Official Employee

Hi all, 

Sorry to hear about the experiences with XFINITY Mobile service on this thread. This is not the experience we want for you. We have a pretty great product where customers can pick and choose their data plan on XFINITY Mobile, offering total flexibility--but none of that matters if we aren't able to resolve your issues in a timely manner. 

nobbyv, I encourage you to reach back out so you are compensated for the time you cannot use service. If you come across any issues, I can look up your account to see what notes are left by the team. 

mjr123, we'd hate to lose you as a customer. What issues have you experienced? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastKenF 

I was contacted by a "Samuel" from the office of Tom Karinshak regarding this issue. He made a compensation offer that I consider inadequate. For 5+ days of lost service and easily 12+ hours spent on the phone resolving this issue 5x, I expected more, frankly.  

Official Employee

nobbyv, appreciate you updating me. Our policy is to credit you for the actual time you were without service. Any other credits are done as a courtesy but I totally think you should receive additional on top of the service credit for the inconvenience. 

Ken

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

Guess I got my answer...once again, no one at Xfinity bothers to follow through. Same old terrible service. 

Official Employee

nobbyv, sorry the delay. It totally means I want the opportunity to help out. Please send me a private message with your full name, account number and the last 4 digits of your card on file for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.