Community Forum

Any way to set call forwarding without the phone?

Highlighted
Contributor

Any way to set call forwarding without the phone?

Considering Xfinity Mobile.  One question I have is whether there is a way to set up call forwarding without the phone.  There were a few instances where my phone (currently on Verizon) wasn't working, and I was fortunately able to set forwarding to another phone via the Verizon website.  Does XM similarly offer a pc-based solution, or some other workaround for such a situation (other than voicemail)?  Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Any way to set call forwarding without the phone?

This is a very good question. Since I transfer my landline to the mobile often I never thought about the opposite. Done a little digging and it seems like it is no way to do it without the phone. 

Contributor

Thanks.  Can a Comcast employee please confirm.  It may not be a dealbreaker in terms of whether I go to XM, but it does give me pause....

Official Employee

Hi Rick1361, the information that (Dumaine) provided is correct. You cannot set up this feature without the phone, for more information on call forwarding please click on this link

Contributor

@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi Rick1361, the information that (Dumaine) provided is correct. You cannot set up this feature without the phone, for more information on call forwarding please click on this link

Might be worth adding that capability, as a way to deal with the kind of broken-phone scenario I described.

Official Employee

Rick1361 wrote: Might be worth adding that capability, as a way to deal with the kind of broken-phone scenario I described.

Thank you for this feedback, please click on this link and provide this information so that this change can be considered in the near future.