Community Forum

Answering Xfinity Mobile call with LG X charge phone

Most Valued Poster

Answering Xfinity Mobile call with LG X charge phone

We have new phones/service. Both of us have noticed that on some incoming calls we can just tap to answer and sometimes it tells us on the screen to 'swipe outside the circle' to answer. Why are there two different methods? Very frustrating. I thought it might be where the call is coming from (contacts or someone else) but not the case.

The manual says to swipe but there is a feature under accessibility....

Accessibility
You can manage accessibility plug-ins installed on your device.
1 On the settings screen, tap Accessibility.
2 Customize the following settings:

Motor & cognition Touch and hold for calls: Answer or decline calls by touching and holding the call button instead of dragging it.

==

I just set mine under the accessibility method so we shall see if that works but the question remains...why two different methods when calls come in ?

I googled on this issue and was stunned at all the people going a little batty over this like I am!  Some people said to hold your finger on the answer button for a second or two and you don't have to swipe and some said to hold your finger on the button for a second or two and then swipe in any direction outside the circle because just swiping does not work . I loved some of the things people said about the ONE thing that should not be rocket science is answering an incoming call.

Official Employee

Re: Answering Xfinity Mobile call with LG X charge phone

TerriB, on my phone, if my device is locked, I have to drag and swipe to answer the call. This prevents you from answering an unwanted call my mistake while the phone is in your pocket or bag for example. 

While your phone is unlocked, you can already view your device so a call can be answered just by tapping. It's faster and you're less likely to answer a phone call by accident if you can view who is call (rather than when it is locked and out of sight). 

KenF

Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

TerriB, on my phone, if my device is locked, I have to drag and swipe to answer the call. This prevents you from answering an unwanted call my mistake while the phone is in your pocket or bag for example. 

While your phone is unlocked, you can already view your device so a call can be answered just by tapping. It's faster and you're less likely to answer a phone call by accident if you can view who is call (rather than when it is locked and out of sight). 

KenF

Well.... Guess thats butt answering like butt dialing....lol. You make a great point but our phones are never locked and tapping does not work on all incoming calls. Hubby tried to answer my call as a test and could not by tapping and it was hard to even get it to swipe.  I added a bit to my post on this issue after googling and seeing what so many people have posted all over the place. We have now both changed the accessibility setting so hopefully that will fix it. 

Official Employee

Cool. I have never tried holding my finger there--I'll try that on the next call I get. 

Let me know how the accessibility setting works for the both of you. 

KenF

Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

Cool. I have never tried holding my finger there--I'll try that on the next call I get. 

KenF

Are we having fun yet? Learning the new phone has been interesting to say the least but answering a call should not cause all this ajuta.  Just when I think things have settled down my hubby finds another anomaly. Overall we love the LG X charge phone very much. 

Official Employee

Haha, I know what you mean. There's always a period to learn a new thing especially with tech. Glad ya'll are enjoying it! 

KenF

Most Valued Poster

@ wrote:

KenF

Ken....the accessibility setting to allow only tapping to answer phone is set on both phones and has been working fine for me  BUT hubby is having strange issue. When he goes thru a certain little town called Clifton, Va on his commute and a call comes in...the original 'pulsing' green circle is back and thats the original setting which has to be swiped to answer the call.  He tried to swipe in many directions or tap but could not answer the call and he got 3 of them in a row so had to let them go to voicemail.  This particular town has been known to be a dead signal spot with some mobile services over the years as its in a little 'hollow'  but when we had that happen with another carrier the phone would not even ring nor could we get signal to make outgoing calls so we learned to never make calls while driving thru there ( I commuted thru there for years before he did).  Before I call XM support and try to explain this thought I would ask if you have any insight?  Seems there is some XM  'signal' in that town  or his phone would not ring at all or would it?  When he got home last night I called his phone from my phone and from the landline and the  non pulsing solid squares were there and all he had to do was tap. I switched his phone settings back to the original 'swipe' method and called it again but it still had the  non pulsing solid squares that we set for tapping under accessibility . That was really odd.  Not sure if the phone has to be rebooted after making an accessibility setting change and didn't try that.  Changed the method back on my phone too but the  tap squares were still there too. Do you have a clue as to  what could be causing him not to be able to answer the phone at all? It works fine at work and when he gets out of that town.  thanks

Official Employee

@ wrote:

KenF

Ken....the accessibility setting to allow only tapping to answer phone is set on both phones and has been working fine for me  BUT hubby is having strange issue. When he goes thru a certain little town called Clifton, Va on his commute and a call comes in...the original 'pulsing' green circle is back and thats the original setting which has to be swiped to answer the call.  He tried to swipe in many directions or tap but could not answer the call and he got 3 of them in a row so had to let them go to voicemail.  This particular town has been known to be a dead signal spot with some mobile services over the years as its in a little 'hollow'  but when we had that happen with another carrier the phone would not even ring nor could we get signal to make outgoing calls so we learned to never make calls while driving thru there ( I commuted thru there for years before he did).  Before I call XM support and try to explain this thought I would ask if you have any insight?  Seems there is some XM  'signal' in that town  or his phone would not ring at all or would it?  When he got home last night I called his phone from my phone and from the landline and the  non pulsing solid squares were there and all he had to do was tap. I switched his phone settings back to the original 'swipe' method and called it again but it still had the  non pulsing solid squares that we set for tapping under accessibility . That was really odd.  Not sure if the phone has to be rebooted after making an accessibility setting change and didn't try that.  Changed the method back on my phone too but the  tap squares were still there too. Do you have a clue as to  what could be causing him not to be able to answer the phone at all? It works fine at work and when he gets out of that town.  thanks

Hey TerriB, thanks for reaching out.  So if there was no reception in that area, the call wouldn't have gone through for him to view it. The thing that stumps me is how the accessibility feature "undid" itself when your husband went into an area that has spotty service. 

I would totally have him reboot the device after making the accessibility feature change and then see if he can retest that circumstance (if possible). 

It sounds more like to me that the phone froze--I would also check for any new software updates. 

KenF

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastKenF wrote:
@ wrote:

KenF

Hey TerriB, thanks for reaching out.  So if there was no reception in that area, the call wouldn't have gone through for him to view it. The thing that stumps me is how the accessibility feature "undid" itself when your husband went into an area that has spotty service. 

I would totally have him reboot the device after making the accessibility feature change and then see if he can retest that circumstance (if possible). 

It sounds more like to me that the phone froze--I would also check for any new software updates. 

KenF

Thanks as always Ken. The mystery may never be solved. Software is up to date and rebooting did not fix the accessibiltiy issue of how the answer screen appears and operates.  We are trying to move along at this point.

Official Employee

OK, let me know if you need anything else.