Community Forum

Android Oreo, 8 for Note8

Contributor

Android Oreo, 8 for Note8

Been reading that "all carriers" are rolling out Oreo for the Note8 but of course, little startup Xfinity Mobile is not mentioned.

Will we get it and when? If not why?
Tags (2)
Screenshot_20180330-122815.jpg
Contributor

Re: Android Oreo, 8 for Note8

They aren't ever mentioned. I can tell you recently my s8+ got the Oreo update about 1 day after Verizon rolled it out. Hope it's the same for you.
New Poster

I bought a galaxy s 8+ and note 8 from xfinity..still waiting on the oreo update on my note8.
New Poster

Same here. Hopefully tommrow we get it
New Poster

Maybe tomorrow...😔 my old sprint note 8 has it already.
New Poster

The Xfinity mobile just got the new oreo update. Check it out
Screenshot_20180401-224307_Software update.jpg
Contributor

Downloading now. WoohWoo

Frequent Visitor

Anyone having issues after the oreo update? This phone was the smoothest running phone I ever had and have had many great ones. After this update I'm having issues with many apps. Have already rebooted, cleared system cache and have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. Still the same. I hope the next security update clears things. I don't want to factory reset the phone and still see the same issues. 

New Poster

Sometimes with major update you will have to factory reset.

This is true with either Android or IOS.

If the phone is still bad after doing that, I would then seek further technical assisatnce from Xfinity Mobile.

You could have a bad firmware load and will need to have it done again using ODIN.

Contributor

Maintenance error every morning. Android server hogging cpu

I may have fixed it. I'll get back if i did.

But i think my umpteenth hard reboot did it. Shutdown, rather than restart

too many other issues to list

Contributor
Contributor

Sometimes with major update you will have to factory reset.

This is true with either Android or IOS.

I am using IOS and I have never factory reset any device starting with IOS 6 all the way through IOS 11.

New Poster

I had to once from IOS7 to IOS8 but honestly none since. (ipad but not on an iphone)

With Android I have done some about 3 times but only from going to a major upgrade vs a point upgrade.

But like anything in life, your milage may differ. Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Anyone having issues after the oreo update? This phone was the smoothest running phone I ever had and have had many great ones. After this update I'm having issues with many apps. Have already rebooted, cleared system cache and have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. Still the same. I hope the next security update clears things. I don't want to factory reset the phone and still see the same issues. 

ReyLopez. do you know if those apps are Oreo compatible? Perhaps the issue is with the apps themselves?

New Poster

I just started service with xfinity mobile recently within the last month.  I have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS with the Note 8!  First phone was battery drain, and the replacement phone cannot send MMS through the native message app.  I understand Android OS Oreo has a huge glitch and numerous xfinity and verizon customers are not able to send MMS either.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Totally bites!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

I cannot send MMS...neither pictures/videos or start a conversation thread.  Any suggestions?  I apparently have to wait until Google and Samsung fix the issues

New Poster

I can't even send MMS via the native messageing app on my Note 8!  I have to use 3rd party apps and even then, it's hit or miss at times.  Garbage phone and software!

New Poster

The only ones at Xfinity Mobile Tech support that seem to have any idea of how to help are those at tier 2 support!  

Contributor

Uh. I have no problems with the native or the new Google messages. This is the best phone ever made and I'm also incredibly happy that I switched to Xfinity