Community Forum

Android BYOD

Regular Visitor

Android BYOD

Any idea when Android BYOD is going to be supported? It has been almost a year that I am hearing it will come.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Android BYOD

As of late January, their answer continues to be Android BYOD is coming soon. 6 months ago, I got sick of waiting and bought 4 barely functional iPhone 5's to activate service. Then, I simply moved the SIM cards to the following phones, all of which support Verizon service:
-Moto Z Droid
-Moto G5S Plus x 2
-An LG G3 (this required a nano to micro SIM adapter)
Xfinity's service functions perfectly on all of these devices - calling, text and data.

In early January, I ported out one of the numbers as part of a service change. I then attempted to have new service added, but they had issues and created a service ticket. After checking in with them for a few weeks, they finally told me that they dropped compatibility for new activations for the iPhone 5 so I will have to get a newer model. After breaking this bad news, the support person then told me that BYOD for certain Android devices is coming very soon, particularly for Motorola & LG devices. I have another Moto Z Droid I would prefer to use, but who knows how much time I would be waiting.

Basically, it doesn't seem like the iPhone-only BYOD limitation is as much technical as it is contractual/legal in nature.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I was using xfinity sold iphone for sometime, then I bought an unlocked s8 directly from samsung website. My xfinity sim doesn't work, saying not registered on network. I had to switch my number to another provider.

Highlighted
New Poster

Did you make sure the Mobile Networks->Access Point Names settings were in place & correct? I say this because they don't always auto-configure and for my Netgear LB2120-100NAS 4G LTE Modem, I had to manually update them and then everythibg worked.