Community Forum

All my calls are displaying as Unknown even my contacts

Frequent Visitor

All my calls are displaying as Unknown even my contacts

I switched to Xfinity Mobile about a month ago and now every single call I get is displayed as Unknown even my contacts.  When I was with Sprint I saw every phone number (rarely got Unknown) and my contacts would display the way I had them named. I always knew who was calling me until I switched to Xfinity. This is very annoying because I don't want to answer bogus calls (I got about 10-15 of those a day with Sprint). I called customer service last week and after about an hour on the phone was told that this was a known problem and that a mass email would be sent out when the issue was resolved...REALLY!

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: All my calls are displaying as Unknown even my contacts

As they are working on resollving system glitch, this post/link might be of some help to you.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Outgoing-calls-Incorrect-caller-ID-Incoming-calls-quot/m...

Official Employee

gpf1, let's take a look at this issue with your caller ID. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks N_A_S Contributor for posting the link which specifically addressed the problem listed below.  I called tech support and told them about it.  They enabled the feature, I rebooted the phone and now I know who is calling me. 

All Incoming Calls (including those from Contact list) are showing as “Unknown”; no name no number.  Incoming text messages are OK with correct name.  Replacing SIM card did not fix.

Smiley Happy Easy Fix. "Show Caller ID" for Incoming Calls is a feature/setup managed by Xfinity Mobile.  Somehow my cell number had this feature disabled or turned off at XM

Official Employee

Thanks N_A_S Contributor for posting the link which specifically addressed the problem listed below.  I called tech support and told them about it.  They enabled the feature, I rebooted the phone and now I know who is calling me. 

All Incoming Calls (including those from Contact list) are showing as “Unknown”; no name no number.  Incoming text messages are OK with correct name.  Replacing SIM card did not fix.

Smiley Happy Easy Fix. "Show Caller ID" for Incoming Calls is a feature/setup managed by Xfinity Mobile.  Somehow my cell number had this feature disabled or turned off at XM

Nice

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ComcastKenF.  I was able to work with tech support using information provided from a previous post by N_A_S Contributor.