Community Forum

Add a line difficutlies

Regular Visitor

Add a line difficutlies

I currently have 3 lines with XM, and would like to add another for my son.  Initial rejection when submitting verication because, I think , we used my son's credit card for payment of the phone which didn't match the card on file.  After changing the payment method to my card, (which is the card on file), it was rejected again. My drivers license & current utility bill match EXACTLY with my the XM account information.  I have tried on subsequent orders with no success.  I decided to go to my local Xfinity store, and purchase outright the phone for the additional line, but according to the salesperson, the "system" says I must complete my order online and cannot sell me a phone. The salesperson has forwarded my information to the manager for further investigation.  It has been two days now, and haven't received an update.  I am stuck in an endless loop trying to get this phone.  I am hoping that someone here from Comcast can help me with my problem.

Official Employee

Re: Add a line difficutlies

Hi Addaline, has anyone reached out to you since your last post, please let me know if you still need assistance.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

Thank you for responding. 

I was finally able to have my order pass the Tier 2 review.  Sometime during the order process, my default e-mail address on file had changed to another.  So, when Tier 2 sent their request for additional information, they sent two separate requests to my new & old default addresses. Previously to my successful order, I would only reply/submit to one, believing the other was only a duplicate.  However, thinking back, they were testing that I was in fact the originator of the address change. This is only conjecture, but submitting to both requests was the only change I had made.  Because you never get to speak or communicate directly with Tier 2 employees(? or bots), it really becomes a guessing game....quite frustrating. 

Official Employee

Thank you for the reply and update and glad you were able to get your order processed.  Please reach back out if you have any questions in the future and we will gladly assist.

Thank you