Community Forum

Active Xfinity sim card to be used in S5

Regular Visitor

Active Xfinity sim card to be used in S5

I placed my active sim card in a Verizon unlocked S5, using a sim adapter. S5 is not detecting the sim card, and I have seen on post through here that some have been able to switch phones, why is this an issue for me
Regular Contributor

Re: Active Xfinity sim card to be used in S5

is this a iphone or androind  ???? if your  trying to do this on a androind  you  can NOT  bring  your own  android  phone  to  Xfinity  at this time   if this is  a iphone 5S  it may not be capable  with   xfinity  

Contributor

It is possible to swap sims. XM just doesn't guarantee certain features will work when using your own unlocked android device.
Regular Contributor

n

@kamee2109 wrote:
It is possible to swap sims. XM just doesn't guarantee certain features will work when using your own unlocked android device.

no  you  can not  bring  your own android  phone  too Xfinity  at this time   getting a new sim will not help 

Contributor
Regular Contributor

@kamee2109 wrote:
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Pixel-3-unlocked/m-p/3151056/highlight/true#M16309

Hello Mrsfwh3, currently Androids are not eligible for BYOD. Only IPhones can be brought over from another carrier, we are working on extending the BYOD program to Android devices in the near future. 

in other words  you  can not bring your own andoid phone at this time 

Contributor

Wow, snow, ok, you win. I'm just trying to help out the OP.
There could be a million reasons why the sim isn't working. Maybe it's the adapter?
Regular Visitor

Have the xfinity sim, in a unlocked verizon S5, and I'm not getting nothing
Regular Visitor

Android Samsung S5
Regular Contributor

You can swap sims if the device will detect Verizon networks. If it is a att device it is not capable of detecting network of verizon.
I my self and several other have done this. As seen here with my Verizon j3
20190418_165200.jpg
Regular Contributor

That's really weird. It should detect the sim.
Regular Contributor

This is what I'm thinking. The sim adapter you can see in my pic it works for me on a j3. All these guys jumping it won't work per xfinity. No android byod. Obviously have not tried it. And i will tell any one of them to their faces. I work with phones nearly everyday. I know what I'm doing. I have unlocked frp bypassed or repaired over 300 phones last year and sold.
I know a bit
Regular Contributor

You can swap sims most definitely. What Xfinity don't know don't hurt em. I don't know where you got it wont work for Android. Only issue most of us have had is voice mail issues on bypd Android
20190418_165200.jpg
20190418_164518.jpg