Community Forum

Account shows 100mb used, but I turned mobile data off at activation

Contributor

Account shows 100mb used, but I turned mobile data off at activation

I added a new line tonight on by the gig.  I activated the phone and at first available step(skipped all account setup) I turned on wifi and turned off mobile data.  10 minutes later I look at my account and says Ive already used my 100mb shared data.  Do you intentionally use 100mb durung activation just for this?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Account shows 100mb used, but I turned mobile data off at activation

Gottahavit wrote:

I added a new line tonight on by the gig.  I activated the phone and at first available step(skipped all account setup) I turned on wifi and turned off mobile data.  10 minutes later I look at my account and says Ive already used my 100mb shared data.  Do you intentionally use 100mb durung activation just for this?

With their stupid reporting system, if you use 1 byte it jumps to 100mb. Its the lowest they report after 0. If you have do it for another phone, before you turn it on, remove the sim, power on, turn off cell data, power off, put back sim, power on and activate. No cell data will be used.

Contributor

So youre saying they have a plan with a threshhold where they start charging but give no way of knowing where you are in that useage plan?  so only way I know if I'm over is wait for it to jump to .2gb?

Bronze Problem Solver

Gottahavit wrote:

So youre saying they have a plan with a threshhold where they start charging but give no way of knowing where you are in that useage plan?  so only way I know if I'm over is wait for it to jump to .2gb?

Yep

There's a large thread discussing this: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Data-usage-when-there-should-be-none/m-p/2951284

Official Employee

Gottahavit, our data usage tracker on the XFINITY Mobile doesn't track data by the lowest MB. We have seen feedback on the forums regarding this concern and I have passed that along to my leadership. 

KenF