Community Forum

$300 Rebate not received

New Poster

$300 Rebate not received

I bought an iphone SE because of the $300 rebate.  I bought it in the store based on the sales rep info he provided me (new line of service) and assured me that I qualifed.  I followed up on the rebate and checked my status online.  No info was available.  I reached out to Support and was told I didn't qualify since I didn't port a number.  So, I said, that easy, then port this number.  It took some time but the number finally ported.  Once again I followed up on my Rebate Status online and no info was available.  Again, I reached out to Support and then generated a ticked for it.  The rep said that the $300 rebate in form of a gift card would likely not be available since it's a 3rd party vendor but was confident Xfinitey would would just give me $300 credit based on the ticket generated and all the notes here.  Yet again, I followed up on the rebate and the Rep told me that he saw no where that a ticket was generated (a previous call for something else verfied the ticket was still open) or open for that mattered.

I was initially given the wrong info when I bought the phone, then, I complied by porting a number over because then I would qualifiy.  However, I was told both were wrong.  Then, I was confident this would get resolved by a ticket being opened along with all the notes and numerous phone calls.  Tod date it hasn't.  Is there anything I can do????  I feel cheated and taken advantage of on all of this.

Expert

Re: $300 Rebate not received

@skyjake1 wrote:

I bought an iphone SE because of the $300 rebate.  I bought it in the store based on the sales rep info he provided me (new line of service) and assured me that I qualifed.  I followed up on the rebate and checked my status online.  No info was available.  I reached out to Support and was told I didn't qualify since I didn't port a number.  So, I said, that easy, then port this number.  It took some time but the number finally ported.  Once again I followed up on my Rebate Status online and no info was available.  Again, I reached out to Support and then generated a ticked for it.  The rep said that the $300 rebate in form of a gift card would likely not be available since it's a 3rd party vendor but was confident Xfinitey would would just give me $300 credit based on the ticket generated and all the notes here.  Yet again, I followed up on the rebate and the Rep told me that he saw no where that a ticket was generated (a previous call for something else verfied the ticket was still open) or open for that mattered.

I was initially given the wrong info when I bought the phone, then, I complied by porting a number over because then I would qualifiy.  However, I was told both were wrong.  Then, I was confident this would get resolved by a ticket being opened along with all the notes and numerous phone calls.  Tod date it hasn't.  Is there anything I can do????  I feel cheated and taken advantage of on all of this.

From the Xfinity Mobile FAQs page:

Eligibility requirements vary by promotion. However, here's what you'll need to do for any Visa® prepaid card:

• Purchase a qualifying device and/or service(s) within the promotional time period and satisfy all requirements associated with that particular promotion
  • Activate the Xfinity Mobile device and/or service(s) within 60 days
  • Transfer a phone number from another carrier to Xfinity Mobile for your new device (required as of May 3, 2018)
  • Maintain the required Xfinity Mobile device and/or service(s) during the 90-day qualifying period
  • Keep your Xfinity Mobile account in good standing

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: $300 Rebate not received

I complied with ALL of that.  However, you posted the exact same run around.  I GOT RIPPED OFF Smiley Sad((((