Community Forum

24 hour delay for receiving text messages

Frequent Visitor

24 hour delay for receiving text messages

I use my phone for work messages. I receive text alerts, sometimes hundreds during a day if something goes awry. It appears after a particularly bad alert day I will stop receiving texts from work but will receive them from other sources. I know it's not my work failing to send them because my peers all continue to receive the alerts and the next morning I will get flooded with all of the ones I missed. This is not acceptable when trying to support on-call type issues. I became an xfinity mobile customer back in 8/2017 and moved over from Verizon. I did not have any of these issues for the 15 years I was with VZ. I know xfinity is on the verizon platform so it can't be them.

Is Xfinity throttling what they view as a spam messenger? How do I prevent this as it's impacting my productivity?

I have an IPhone 7 currently on ios 11.2.2

Frequent Visitor

Re: 24 hour delay for receiving text messages

I should add that I see someone else had a similar issue but his resolution doesn't appear to apply for me. I do have the same phone settings as when I came over from Verizon and everything worked there.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Not-receiving-texts-on-phone-except-occasionally-days-a...

Official Employee

Hi aaslag, I can assist you with getting this issue resolved. Are you able to send message with no problem? Can you make and receive phone calls without any issues? 

Frequent Visitor

sending texts is no problem and phone calls work just fine. I even receive texts from others, I just don't receive my batch of work alerts, the last one I received was yesterday at 9:15am so it's now been over 24 hours.

Official Employee

aaslag wrote: sending texts is no problem and phone calls work just fine. I even receive texts from others, I just don't receive my batch of work alerts, the last one I received was yesterday at 9:15am so it's now been over 24 hours.

Thank you for that information, I would like to look further into this for you and make sure your account settings are correct on my end. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Frequent Visitor

So we had a change window last night, a very large dump of text messages and I'm no longer receiving them. It is still happening. Of course I'm on call right now and I've already missed an alert. It doesn't look good on me when this happens. Any input?

Official Employee

Are there more than 20 people in the group? 

Frequent Visitor

No, there are 4, however one of the recipients is a distribution list containing appx 10??

Let me put this on hold again though because it turns out I did receive the message. It was missed on my part.

I'll keep watching to see if there are any that are not making it through or if it seems this has stopped.

Official Employee

No, there are 4, however one of the recipients is a distribution list containing appx 10??

Let me put this on hold again though because it turns out I did receive the message. It was missed on my part.

I'll keep watching to see if there are any that are not making it through or if it seems this has stopped.

aaslag, thanks for the update. I'm following up for Amir. Let us know if this returns.