Community Forum

$200 prepaid card promotion for Samsung phone during Thanksgiving week of 2018

New Poster

$200 prepaid card promotion for Samsung phone during Thanksgiving week of 2018

During that period, all vendors include Samsung itself offer $200 or more discount for the Samsung S8 and S9 phones. Xfinity mobile offered $200 prepaid card for Samsung or Iphones, so I bought a S8 to upgrade my old phone, I even chatted with them to confirm about my eligibility.

So far there is no prepaid card, so I called them, and was told the reason I didn't get the card, is because I used my old #, to my impression, there is no place (not like their current $250 promotion), I must transfer a #. If that's the case, I can buy I-phone or Galaxy from any other vendors who had the instant discount, and then port my xfinitymobile #. How is make any sense? Nobody will spend $599 for a S8 phone during Thanksgiving week. I feel I was deceived.

Can somebody from Comcast post the original promotion terms, and explain to me? since I misplaced my printout about the $200 promotion, and the order receipt when I placed the order online.

Official Employee

Re: $200 prepaid card promotion for Samsung phone during Thanksgiving week of 2018

Hi JPX. Thanks for posting on the forums. 

I've found the terms of the promotion and it did require a number port ot qualify for the card: 

"From October 1, 2018, through January 6, 2019, purchase any Samsung or Apple device on a new Xfinity Mobile line of service to qualify for a $200 Visa Prepaid Card. Purchase a maximum of five devices to qualify for a promotional reward of up to $1,000 in Visa Prepaid Cards.

For each device purchase, the customer must port an existing phone number during the activation process in order to be eligible for the $200 Visa Prepaid Card on the new line of service."

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: $200 prepaid card promotion for Samsung phone during Thanksgiving week of 2018

Thank you for the reply - 

You quoted "must port an existing phone numbe"

--- it's confusing, that's probably why your people recommended to upgrade and use the same phone #  to qualify.   Also during the holiday seasons, all vendors/retailers had a minimal $200 instant phone discount/rebate for the same phones.  So I never thought your promotion has some strict/additional condition attached.  

Official Employee

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, but a lot of our current promotions (and a few within the end of 2018) did require you take a number from another carrier and bring it to XFINITY Mobile. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!