Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

2 lines: One Unlimited and One by the Gig - How are you billed?

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

2 lines: One Unlimited and One by the Gig - How are you billed?

I just got my first line on Xfinity Mobile and chose the $12/GB plan since I average only about 300MB data per month.  However, my daughter wants to switch her iPhone to my account and she'll DEFINITELY need the unlimited plan.

Question:  Can both plans exist on the same account or is it just a single $45 Unlimited Plan that covers both phones for a total of $45/month?

What I'm guessing is that the data usage for the entire account (both phones) are "pooled" together (as unlimited) so it would be just one bill at $45/month.  Correct?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Re: 2 lines: One Unlimited and One by the Gig - How are you billed?

Thanks.  I think I found the answer here also:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/221704188/what-is-the-difference-between-by-the-gig-and-unlimited

Down at the "Mix & Match Data Options"  it looks like I can keep my $12/GB option and my daughter can get the $45/Unlimited option so I'll be billed $57 total (plus taxes & fees) per month, assuming I keep my data below 1GB, and her crazy amounts of data usage won't affect my usage total.

On other threads users have said that if you have two $12/GB lines, Xfinity combines the data usage of both lines, so I was confused as to whether they combine usage of two "mixed" plans on the same account.

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

@Peacemaker02324wrote:

I just got my first line on Xfinity Mobile and chose the $12/GB plan since I average only about 300MB data per month.  However, my daughter wants to switch her iPhone to my account and she'll DEFINITELY need the unlimited plan.

Question:  Can both plans exist on the same account or is it just a single $45 Unlimited Plan that covers both phones for a total of $45/month?

What I'm guessing is that the data usage for the entire account (both phones) are "pooled" together (as unlimited) so it would be just one bill at $45/month.  Correct?

Thanks in advance!

Nope, each phone on unlimited is billed $45, all phones on shared by the gig are billed $12/gig

New Poster

Thanks.  I think I found the answer here also:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/221704188/what-is-the-difference-between-by-the-gig-a...

Down at the "Mix & Match Data Options"  it looks like I can keep my $12/GB option and my daughter can get the $45/Unlimited option so I'll be billed $57 total (plus taxes & fees) per month, assuming I keep my data below 1GB, and her crazy amounts of data usage won't affect my usage total.

On other threads users have said that if you have two $12/GB lines, Xfinity combines the data usage of both lines, so I was confused as to whether they combine usage of two "mixed" plans on the same account.

Official Employee

Hi peacemaker02324, thank you for reaching and I can confirm that what mvenanzi stated above true and glad you found other threads confirming this.  If you have any questions in the future please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation