Community Forum

2 lines: One Unlimited and One by the Gig - How are you billed?

Highlighted
New Poster

2 lines: One Unlimited and One by the Gig - How are you billed?

I just got my first line on Xfinity Mobile and chose the $12/GB plan since I average only about 300MB data per month.  However, my daughter wants to switch her iPhone to my account and she'll DEFINITELY need the unlimited plan.

Question:  Can both plans exist on the same account or is it just a single $45 Unlimited Plan that covers both phones for a total of $45/month?

What I'm guessing is that the data usage for the entire account (both phones) are "pooled" together (as unlimited) so it would be just one bill at $45/month.  Correct?

Thanks in advance!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2 lines: One Unlimited and One by the Gig - How are you billed?

@Peacemaker02324wrote:

I just got my first line on Xfinity Mobile and chose the $12/GB plan since I average only about 300MB data per month.  However, my daughter wants to switch her iPhone to my account and she'll DEFINITELY need the unlimited plan.

Question:  Can both plans exist on the same account or is it just a single $45 Unlimited Plan that covers both phones for a total of $45/month?

What I'm guessing is that the data usage for the entire account (both phones) are "pooled" together (as unlimited) so it would be just one bill at $45/month.  Correct?

Thanks in advance!

Nope, each phone on unlimited is billed $45, all phones on shared by the gig are billed $12/gig

New Poster

Thanks.  I think I found the answer here also:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/221704188/what-is-the-difference-between-by-the-gig-a...

Down at the "Mix & Match Data Options"  it looks like I can keep my $12/GB option and my daughter can get the $45/Unlimited option so I'll be billed $57 total (plus taxes & fees) per month, assuming I keep my data below 1GB, and her crazy amounts of data usage won't affect my usage total.

On other threads users have said that if you have two $12/GB lines, Xfinity combines the data usage of both lines, so I was confused as to whether they combine usage of two "mixed" plans on the same account.

Official Employee

Hi peacemaker02324, thank you for reaching and I can confirm that what mvenanzi stated above true and glad you found other threads confirming this.  If you have any questions in the future please let us know.

Thank you