Community Forum

$150 Prepaid VISA for transferred number promotion is 2 months late

Frequent Visitor

$150 Prepaid VISA for transferred number promotion is 2 months late

On Aug 7, 2018 We started an account with Xfinity Mobile, and transferred my cell phone number to Xfinity Mobile to take advantage of a promotion that guaranteed a $150 Prepaid VISA card, provided my account remained in good standing. The promotion indicated we would receive the Prepaid VISA card in the amount of $150 no longer than 90 days after activation of my account. The transaction/order number is #1267713.

As you can see, today is January 4, 2019 and it's now been more than 150 days since enrolling in this promotion, and we're still waiting to receive the contractually agreed upon Prepaid VISA card in the amount of $150. I was told specifically this card would be mailed to the address listed on our account no later than 90 days after activating our Xfinity Mobile account with the transferred number. The number that we transferred is still active with Xfinity Mobile, and remains qualified for the promotion we agreed to when enrolling in Xfinity Mobile service.

Can your please tell me we have still not received the $150 Prepaid VISA card, and exactly when we can expect to receive it?

Thank you.
Frequent Visitor

Re: $150 Prepaid VISA for transferred number promotion is 2 months late

To be clear, it has now been 22 weeks since we enrolled in Xfinity BYOD $150 Prepaid VISA promotion. This page on the Xfinity Mobile site https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360001077286/am-i-eligible-for-a-150-visa%25C2%25AE-p... specifically states that eligible participants who enroll in the promotion can expect their "prepaid card to ship 16-18 weeks after activating a new line of service with your phone." This is clearly well beyond the stated waiting time to receive the VISA card.
Frequent Visitor

Oh! This is rich. Just visited https://www.xfinityrewardcenter.com/status to check the status of said $150 Prepaid VISA card. I checked by entering the phone number we transferred, and our Xfinity cable account number. Both results were "No Record Found." That's just perfect. Matter of fact, if it's Comcast, well, it's predictable.

I cannot tell you how much time I had to spend on the phone with the sales support team in Charleston, SC, regarding the transfer of my mobile number. Sadly I was repeatedly provided inaccurate information and instructions regarding the proper procedure to transfer my cell phone number to Xfinity (technically Verizon) network. I know that I tracked almost 15 hours of my time going back and forth with their sales support and then tech support. For over 10 days I was explicitly told that the "receiving service provider" (Xfinity) charged me $3 fee that would be forwarded to the "releasing carrier" to cover their fee of $3. It turned out after researching support forums that, in-fact, the "releasing carrier" to whom a fee of $3 must be paid DIRECTLY by the owner of the number requested for transfer—no one else can pay it.

Almost 2 weeks had transpired since first signing up with Xfinity Mobile, while awaiting my number to be released for transfer. Once the facts were finally clarified, the correct and only process to successfully get my number released, was undertaken by myself including a payment of $3 to cover the releasing carrier's fee. In the meantime, we added yet another number to our Xfinity Mobile account and then purchased from them, an iPhone 8S. We took advantage of the same promotion, by transferring another active number to Xfinity Mobile forge iPhone which reduced the price of the iPhone 8S by $300. Naturally, having familiarized myself with the correct procedure for successfully transferring an active number for use with the new iPhone, a quick payment of $3 to the releasing carrier resulted in a much more expedient end result and an activated new iPhone 8S for my wife—lickity split.

I've been a Comcast Xfinity customer in the Atlanta area now almost 20 years. Since Google fiber came very close to threatening Xfinity's prevalence here, I will admit they got their act together and brought the digital cable service into the modem age AND incrementally improved their customer service—which most of us remember, was ranked at the very bottom of the barrel for decades. Xfinity now offers a highly competitive digital cable, internet and telephony service however, once you're an existing customer YOU WILL NOT be able to avoid paying upwards of $200, just for a basic package with high-speed internet and cable while they only charge NEW costumers easily $100 less. Low and behold, the promotion pricing that you signed up with WILL expire and you'll find yourself of the receiving end of a very nasty realization that the regulatory genie badly needs to take a look at this mess.

Having said all is this, she presuming you at least recognize the many tens of thousands of hard earned dollars I've paid Comcast et al, and now—please—help me get the $150 Prepaid VISA card I have coming so I can go and buy some groceries before the coming housing economic bubble bursts us way back before the 2000 tech bubble did.

Please explain to me specifically, how I can contact a decision-maker at XM who embraces and possesses, both the inclination and fortitude to authenticate my eligibility for this Xfinity Mobile promotion, and send me the VISA gift card ASAP!

Thank you in advance,

A very longtime and patient, yet weary Xfinity customer.
Contributor

I had also took advantage of this offer, where you would buy a Moto/LG device and you would get 150 back. You would have to talk to XM because since they had changed their billing cylce around September (i think), the system had registered the offer on the old platform and I had contacted them and they had changed the offer to the new platform. It is kinda confusing but makes sense/. Just start a Chat option on My Account on Xfinity Mobile.