Community Forum

100MB free data dropped!

New Poster

100MB free data dropped!

I was about to switch over to Xfinity Mobile because I rarely go over 100MB of mobile data, now I just discover they have dropped the free 100MB's of data as of August 2019.  I guess greed is starting to show it's ugly face again with this company.  I mean most of you probably use 100MB's of  mobile data in 5 minutes, but not all of us do.  I'm really disappointed that if I continue to decide to switch, that now I have to pay 12 bucks for 1GB of data, whether I want to or not.

Would it really have killed them to keep the 100MB of free data, knowing that most people are going to use way more than that anyways?  Bad move guys!

Contributor

Re: 100MB free data dropped!

Is there a cheaper alternative for you?

New Poster

Did I say there was?  I'm merely starting a topic to show disappointment and greed.

Contributor

A company has to make money.  OK so you don't use data, but you do use unlimited talk and text correct?  Thats a heck of a deal for 12 bucks a month.  Maybe there are better deals out there, I haven't found one.

There are lots of companies out there offering services.  Thats the great thing, if there are better deals you are free to move around and find the best deal for you.  

Valued Contributor

@Dayvidpriddy wrote:

I was about to switch over to Xfinity Mobile because I rarely go over 100MB of mobile data, now I just discover they have dropped the free 100MB's of data as of August 2019.  I guess greed is starting to show it's ugly face again with this company.  I mean most of you probably use 100MB's of  mobile data in 5 minutes, but not all of us do.  I'm really disappointed that if I continue to decide to switch, that now I have to pay 12 bucks for 1GB of data, whether I want to or not.

Would it really have killed them to keep the 100MB of free data, knowing that most people are going to use way more than that anyways?  Bad move guys!

Looks like some new changes have been introduced.  Partial data usage regardless of the first 100 mb has been removed; similarly non-xfinity cable customers are charged $20 per month (compared to $10 per month before).

For accounts opened after 7/31/19, with By the Gig lines, a minimum $12.00 charge applies per month, regardless of data usage. Data charge applies to each GB or partial GB of shared data. Data shared monthly with other By the Gig lines. No rollover data. After 20 GB of monthly data use, speeds are reduced to a maximum of 1.5 Mbps download/750 kbps upload, determined and applied on a per line basis.

Regular Contributor

When you snooze you lose. I missed the last Amazon Prime days and the last black friday, my bad. Sometimes ya just wait too long. BUT I did not miss the free 100 mb on XM!!! BTW my bill for two lines is........$6.93😁per month.