Community Forum

100MB free data dropped!

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: 100MB free data dropped!

@TerriB wrote:

@Borgieman wrote:

Red Lobster just changed their menu considering Cheddar Bay Biscuits.  You used to get unlimited biscuits with an entree.  Now you only get TWO.  If you want more you have to pay for them.  I've been eating there for years, they better freakin grandfather me in, how dare they charge me for something they used to give me for free.  You can't just up and change like that.

Oh for heaven's sake....that is an off the wall silly  analogy. By the way we just went to Red Lobster and they gave us the usual basket of Cheddar Bays and and when I asked for a take home box for what we didn't eat..they brought us a whole bag of fresh ones to take home. Maybe you should buy the box of mix at the store and make them yourself................they taste exactly the same and the mix is made by Red Lobster. 

UPDATE on Cheddar Bays.....the limiting of them is Fake News....https://www.foodandwine.com/news/red-lobster-cheddar-bay-biscuits-still-unlimitedL

LOL...I was wondering, because the last time I was there we only got three biscuits for two entrees, instead of the usual 4 or 5.  But the waitress apologized to us and another table for how slow they were coming out, so we just assumed they were running low that night.  Then this topic had me wondering... just a coincidence, I guess.

As for the actual topic, did anyone really think the 100mb free would last as long as it did, even for charter XM customers?  For now, at least, XM remains one helluva deal.  My only complaint (and NOT a big one) is that if they were going to create a grandfathered group  for the free 100mb, they should have waited more than 3 months before announcing that the grandfathering would be dumped in 3 more months..  Any "grandfathering" killed off in less than a year seems like a bit of a tease.  But again, NOT a deal-killer by any stretch.  Hard to understand all the angst.  It's much worse seeing things like channels going away, or Broadcast TV fee jumping.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@Rick441 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Borgieman wrote:

Red Lobster just changed their menu considering Cheddar Bay Biscuits.  You used to get unlimited biscuits with an entree.  Now you only get TWO.  If you want more you have to pay for them.  I've been eating there for years, they better freakin grandfather me in, how dare they charge me for something they used to give me for free.  You can't just up and change like that.

Oh for heaven's sake....that is an off the wall silly  analogy. By the way we just went to Red Lobster and they gave us the usual basket of Cheddar Bays and and when I asked for a take home box for what we didn't eat..they brought us a whole bag of fresh ones to take home. Maybe you should buy the box of mix at the store and make them yourself................they taste exactly the same and the mix is made by Red Lobster. 

UPDATE on Cheddar Bays.....the limiting of them is Fake News....https://www.foodandwine.com/news/red-lobster-cheddar-bay-biscuits-still-unlimitedL

LOL...I was wondering, because the last time I was there we only got three biscuits for two entrees, instead of the usual 4 or 5.  But the waitress apologized to us and another table for how slow they were coming out, so we just assumed they were running low that night.  Then this topic had me wondering... just a coincidence, I guess.

As for the actual topic, did anyone really think the 100mb free would last as long as it did, even for charter XM customers?  For now, at least, XM remains one helluva deal.  My only complaint (and NOT a big one) is that if they were going to create a grandfathered group  for the free 100mb, they should have waited more than 3 months before announcing that the grandfathering would be dumped in 3 more months..  Any "grandfathering" killed off in less than a year seems like a bit of a tease.  But again, NOT a deal-killer by any stretch.  Hard to understand all the angst.  It's much worse seeing things like channels going away, or Broadcast TV fee jumping.

===

Yeah....that broadcast fee took a giant leap while they were shortening the list of channels they BROADCAST.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I actually expected the free phone service to last longer because Comcast gave it to us to keep us from moving to a different phone company that would offer internet through there phones since so many people are no longer even using computers but do all their internet activity on their phones. And since the market place is even more competitive that it was 2 years ago when Comcast got into the phone business. As example T-Mobile had an ad on TV last night for people over 55 years old. 2 lines talk text and unlimited data for $55. Now that is a lot more than $12 but for people who need internet over data line rather than wifi, and who don't want to continually worry about going over the 1GB limit which is a pain in the neck,  that is a good deal and  $27.50 for unlimited data is a lower price than other companies as far as I know. So prices are coming down so why are Comcast prices going up?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I need to keep that T Mobile offer in mind, as I turn 55 in April.

Administrator

This thread has now been locked for being off-topic

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!